I am huge fan of Keeley Mod Boss Ds-1. And I have it. I like early Satriani tones. And I want to use Keeley Ds-1 with a solid state amp.

Which amps do you advice for use with Boss Ds-1 Keeley Mod pedal? Jc-120 is too expensive in my country. (even used jc-120) So I need cheap 20-30 w solid state amp.

I can buy these used amps :

Fender 25r (I think its too harsh at youtube videos. Or maybe video quality of clips was bad)

Peavey Vypyr 30 (but modelling works well?)

Hughes Kettner Edition Blue

I need your great helps.

Ps : I don't think I buy a tube amp. Just ss amp.
Last edited by CRATTY at Sep 12, 2014,
I bought a set of Pirelli P Zeros, what car should I buy to put them on?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yep, choose your amp first and then a pedal to shape it's tone. Most OD pedals sound like ass in front of a low price SS amp. Ponder this a bit longer b4 buying anything.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
What is your budget and location? And screw you your going used because you bought the pedal first.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
What you really need is a JSX.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Whatt? No I did not buy the pedal first. I have already Marshall Dsl15C. I tried many low watts tube amps for home studio (Lil night train, Blackstar Ht-5, Laney cub 15 head. Currently Dsl15c)

I tried Boss Ds-1 with above amps but I didnt like results so much. lil night train give muddy sound. Blackstar Ht-5 has much bassy tones. With laney cub it has dark tones.

So I tried Boss Ds-1 with Marshall MG100. I was shocked. Detailed, tight sound. So I decided to search ss amps.

So I will use both Dsl15c and SS amp and Boss Ds-1.

Boss Ds-1 response different reaction for different amps. Tight, or muddy etc. So Boss Ds-1 is not a tyre. It has soul
Last edited by CRATTY at Sep 12, 2014,
A DS1 has soul? Can you please introduce me to your drug dealer?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
It was just joke word. Why are you so stressful. Relax, life is short.
This thread has potential.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Cratty buddy I think you are to caught up in trying to match a pedal to an amp to get a sound that most likely wasn't produced originally by either. tone chasing can be a tough game and starting with a pedal is the stuff of total fail. start with the amp and then find pedals etc that go with it to get you where you want to go tone wise. I play a lot of 70s hard rock stuff through gear that wasn't around at that time. the trick is to find stuff in your budget that will go together to "reasonably" get you what you want. joe used tube amps so that would be a good place to start.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
if you like the marshall MG sound, buy a marshall MG.

+1

Cratty, you've basically proven that your tastes are very different from 'the norm...' That's fine, but it means our opinions may not help much. You just gotta try stuff and see what you like.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
The DS-1 isn’t known for sounding good with solid state amps. Using a Keeley modded DS-1 in front of a modeling amp is probably going to sound like the host of heaven busting a synchronized wet fart. Just get the Vypyr and use the onboard tones for now and start saving up for a tube amp.
Maybe try a bass amp? (Shot in the dark.) Were you only playing the amps you listed with a ds1 in front? If so, each of those amps you listed may nail the tone your ears wanna hear but the ds1 may have skewered your ear's opinion. It seems kinda trollish that the ds1 and an mg are what you prefer, not that there's anything wrong with that if you're not a troll, maybe you just like a harsh fizzy sound. I like the ds1 too, btw. Not as the centerpiece of my rig, but its a decent pedal for what it does.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I repeat - you need a JSX.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
If you like the MG100 sound more than tube amps, then you must hate listening to almost every popular guitar recording ever made.

Must suck to be you.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Yep, if a Marshall MG is your tonal nirvana, my opinions will be of no use to you. Carry on.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY