So a friend is trying to sell me his Digitech GNX 3000 Workstation, but I'm not sure if it's that good. He's trying to sell it to me for about $270. Is it worth it?

Btw, I just recently checked out Digitech's site and saw that the model is discontinued, is this a good thing or a bad thing? Also, this will be my first purchase of guitar effects so if anybody tried this thing out before can you tell me if it's good?
I'm sure it's fine to use, but that price is ridiculous. There's two on amazon for $199 and I doubt they will even sell for that price. You can buy a used pod XTL or a current gen pod for that price or less.
Well, first off. Being discontinued is not a 'bad thing'. It just means that for whatever reason, Digitech has decided to stop producing these workstations. Many discontinued come back due to sudden high hype.

Quote by Dound
I'm sure it's fine to use, but that price is ridiculous. There's two on amazon for $199 and I doubt they will even sell for that price. You can buy a used pod XTL or a current gen pod for that price or less.

Agreed.
However.. With that price, I have not found Digitech to be the best thing in amp-modeling/effects.
I could, with luck, get a POD HD500 for 270 USD. Maybe saving up a little more would definitely get one. That's what I'd go for if I were you.

I also really like the BOSS GT series and some of their older models, while being simple and according to some not too great sounding, but I got my Boss GT-5 for just 80 euros.. I think that's roughly a 100 US dollars. I've learned a lot of things with this and has definitely paid itself off. Now, this unit specifically has no ability to be hooked up to the computer. If you like that, then you should check their newer models and hear some others flock here and recommend you something.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Sep 13, 2014,