Page 1 of 9

Okay, so I checked to see if they're were any threads on Arrow, to no avail. And with season three of Arrow, and the new Flash show coming out soon, I thought I'd try and make a thread for discussion of both (even if there evidently isn't a lot of fans here).

And to clear up any confusion beforehand, Arrow and Flash ARE set in the same universe.

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for 5 years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. Back in Starling City, Oliver slowly reconnects with those closest to him, his devoted mother Moira, beloved sister Thea, and best friend Tommy Merlyn, but struggles with his ex-girlfriend Dinah "Laurel" Lance, who blames him for her sister's death. Oliver has brought back many new skills from his time on the island and despite the watchful eye of his new bodyguard John Diggle, Oliver manages to secretly create the persona of The Hood a green hooded vigilante archer to right the wrongs of his family and fight the ills of society. As The Hood, Oliver will atone for the past sins of his family while he searches for the personal redemption he needs.

Obviously if you have cable or whatever, you can watch it on CW. The first season is on Netflix, and the second season will probably be on there too sooner or later. You can get both seasons on Amazon, but I'd suggest you watch the first season on Netflix, if you have it, since you'll have to pay for episodes on Amazon unless you have Prime. The second season will be on Netflix, sometime in October.

There actually hasn't been an official synopsis released yet but you can get an idea of it from the trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0l7iGKh8g

It will be on CW, as well, and I'm guessing it'll be on Amazon.

So, basically just discuss either show.
Last edited by CaptainCanti at Sep 23, 2014,
I heard Arrow was pretty bad.
Probably not going to watch Flash.
More of a Marvel guy anyways.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Kind of got bored of these 'super-hero backstory' tv series after Smallville. I mean if that's your thing, great. I just was never into superheroes to begin with, so with the sudden saturation of it all, it's getting dull to me.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I watched the first season of Arrow. It starts off really slow, but gets better as it goes on. It was pretty good, but I'm not good at following TV shows. I saw the preview for the episode where Flash is introduced, which got me all excited for it again, but I still have not made an effort to catch up.
Quote by Baby Joel
Kind of got bored of these 'super-hero backstory' tv series after Smallville. I mean if that's your thing, great. I just was never into superheroes to begin with, so with the sudden saturation of it all, it's getting dull to me.

Arrow really isn't as much about the backstory, as just the character in general. I mean it does incorporate his backstory throughout the episodes, but not in a way that makes the whole show about it. Its almost similar to Lost, in that it tells backstorys through flashbacks, while still maintaining a present day storyline.

And I can assure you that Arrow is nothing like Smallville. Smallville was Superman Returns, whereas Arrow is more The Dark Knight.
¯\_()_/¯
Arrow is a genuinely amazing show.

And the fact that it's fight scenes are inspired by The Raid (they legit even fully recreated a scene) seals the deal that everyone should be watching it.
To be honest, I only started watching Arrow because I heard Manu Bennett (Crixus from Spartacus) was in it. Glad I did though, pretty good show.

I've only seen the first season (waiting for the second to pop up on Netflix), but I really enjoyed it. First five episodes or so weren't too engaging, but after that it got good pretty fast. The acting can be kind of mediocre, that's my only complaint and it's not too bad.
I was pretty meh on Arrow at first. I felt like the first 4 or 5 episodes were so lame, but as they figured out what direction they wanted to take the show instead of just Batman-Lite, it really started getting it's hooks in me and by now I'm a proud fan. More than anything else, I just truly believe the core cast in their roles. Season 2 was really solid, and I'm looking foward to season 3 immensely with the new big baddie* arc starting to unfold. Plus, Stephen Amell is so dreamy.

*edited for spoilers
Last edited by Magero at Sep 13, 2014,
Yeah for real he plays such a good Slade. If they ever include Deathstroke in the cinematic universe I hope they recast him.
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at Sep 13, 2014,
I like Arrow a lot, and I'm looking forward to The Flash, despite the misgivings I had with the pilot.

Love the show, will be watching The Flash. Very excited!
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Felicity

Yeah Arrow is really good, blitzed through both seasons in a couple of weeks. Deathstroke is so damn cool and I thinuk the whole show is of an incredibly high quality. It's a level above Batman because of all the family drama and stuff. All the plot twists too that you would never have seen coming.
It's pretty fun. Good fight choreography and solid entertainment overall. Maybe a bit too many romance subplots and glistening though.

The Flash pilot was fine.
Great show I think. Has some really great acting in it.
Some really cheesy acting as well, sure, but I really enjoyed watching it nonetheless.

Also several really emotional moments which imo were better executed that those in most superhero stuff.

Oliver sitting with Tommy in the last episode of season one - "it should have been me" - that was so sad
Can we just turn this into a Felicity thread?
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

Quote by ultimate-slash
Great show I think. Has some really great acting in it.
Some really cheesy acting as well, sure, but I really enjoyed watching it nonetheless.

Also several really emotional moments which imo were better executed that those in most superhero stuff.

Oliver sitting with Tommy in the last episode of season one - "it should have been me" - that was so sad

It's a very emotional show I have cried more than once when watching it. But that's CW for you.

Felicity

I nearly lost my shit when she said this

Quote by lambofgod127

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I'd love to be inside Felicity.

I think the entire Arrow fanbase agree with you
Quote by lambofgod127

yea srsly guys Sarah is like 10x more attractive

her detroit/new york accent amplifies that 10x by like 15x more so overall its like 25x
¯\_()_/¯
Sarah is very attractive when she has her wig and mask on but otherwise I'm not too into her myself. Her girlfriend is insanely beautiful tho.
ayyyy it's Johns
better than Liam Neeson tbh, tho it would have been nice to tie Arrow into the cinematic universe somewhere
why did they cast a 30 year old as wildcat when he's supposed to be in his 60s
like even someone Bennet's age would be better
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by CaptainCanti
gustin is 24

>the joke

>your head

Seriously though, the CW has a major problem in that they don't cast anyone that isn't hot. Hence Wildcat being younger. No-one wants to look at an old man, dammit!
>season two was supposed to be on netflix sometime last week
>won't be on there until sometime in october
¯\_()_/¯