Here's the thing. For about 2 days now my amp has been making fizzing and popping noises after it's warmed up and ready to play, and even 2-3 seconds after I turn it off! Anyway, it's not a guitar or cable thing, as it makes the noise without anything plugged in. I suspect the tubes are going to fritz out on me any moment, but I've only had the amp for 3 months, and it's completely stock. Any ideas? The amp is a Marshall DSL15C if it helps.
Yamaha F310P "Bella"
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Goldtop "Chrysa"
Fender Standard Stratocaster "Michelle"
Fender Classic Series 70s Stratocaster "Nefertiti"

Marshall DSL15C
BIAS FX & AMP
Line 6 POD X3

Dunlop Stubby 3.0mm picks
D'Addario strings
Last edited by CostasNoir at Sep 13, 2014,
probably dirty tube sockets. first take a pencil and tap the tube while the amp is on, if it makes a ringing noise then theres a bad tube. If theres no ringing noise, then turn off the amp, remove the tubes and apply some contact cleaner on the pins and sockets. you can find contact cleaner at any radioshack, pc component shop, and probably hardware stores. reseat the tubes and see if the problem is fixed or lessened.

*next time, if your ever having amp problems, the building and customization forum is a good place to ask.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Quote by CostasNoir
Here's the thing. For about 2 days now my amp has been making fizzing and popping noises after it's warmed up and ready to play, and even 2-3 seconds after I turn it off! Anyway, it's not a guitar or cable thing, as it makes the noise without anything plugged in. I suspect the tubes are going to fritz out on me any moment, but I've only had the amp for 3 months, and it's completely stock. Any ideas? The amp is a Marshall DSL15C if it helps.

Did you buy it new? If so it's under warranty so take it back!
Moving on.....
Quote by bustapr
probably dirty tube sockets.

And dirty tube sockets it was! Me and my dad worked on the amp today, and fixed it with some contact cleaner. Also, he changed the stock preamp tubes to Electro-Harmonix ones just for the hell of it, without me asking
Yamaha F310P "Bella"
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Goldtop "Chrysa"
Fender Standard Stratocaster "Michelle"
Fender Classic Series 70s Stratocaster "Nefertiti"

Marshall DSL15C
BIAS FX & AMP
Line 6 POD X3

Dunlop Stubby 3.0mm picks
D'Addario strings
Last edited by CostasNoir at Sep 14, 2014,
I've had this happen and the amp sort of fixed itself I guess, just stopped fizzing after a use or two.