I'm trying to identify mainly the wood, but also place of manufacture (and maybe any other interesting information about my guitar). I picked it up new in London for just under £700 in early 2000.

It's a B.C. Rich Warlock N.J. Neck-Thru Series. It has no serial number or anything. Features are:
  • BC Rich (BDSM?) pick-ups
  • Floyd Rose Licensed Tremolo w/Locking Nut
  • 24 Frets
  • Cloud-type Pearl Inlays
  • 2 Volume, 1 Tone, 3-Way pick-up selector

I think these are made of either Basswood or Mahogany. I don't really know enough to be able to tell myself, but it weighs 3.9 kilograms (8.6 lbs).
Thanks Dylan. Cool, I was worried it may be basswood, but maybe those are the low-budget models.
I couldn't get info on the exact model you have, but based on guitars from the same series of that approximate year (early 2000's-ish), it seems like it's made out of Nato, which is an Asian 'mahogany'.

'Just under £700' seems awfully expensive for that guitar considering the BDSM pickups and licensed floyd though. Guitars in that price range these days have branded pickups and a Floyd Rose 1000 series bridge.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 14, 2014,
Thanks DeepBlue. Interesting info on the wood. I'll have to do some research on Nato.

Maybe it was overpriced? I actually just bought some Seymour Duncans off ebay. I was looking to replace the bridge as it's gotten a bit rusty and the trem arm never quite fit right. I see there's an original Floyd Rose 1000 on eBay so will probably grab that then.