My headphones have decided to stop working at the worst possible time considering i start uni in 13 days

I'm looking into buying a replacement pair for use with just general use and a line 6 POD 2

I dont have a huge budget so preferably below £50 but i could stretch for something if it was high quality.

Any recommendations?
ATH-M50.

Used if you have to.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Unfortunately i cant find the M50s for less than about £90 which is a tad out of my budget

Whats the opinion on the ATH-M30X, on amazon they're only aroung £50
The M40 are fairly similar to the M50, but the M30 sound pretty bad if ya ask me.

Can you find a pair of used K240 mkii or studio?
Or a pair of K121.
At least I think they're called that way...
They're lower end AKG's right below the K240.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Go peruse eBay for some M50s if you can. I've seen them go used for as low as $60 (USD. That'd be like 40 pounds). There's nothing wrong with used cans as long as they work, and I can tell you the M50s are tough. I haven't been kind to mine for the years I've owned them and they still work like new.

I ended up with a pair of M30 last Christmas even though I've had M50s for years. There's no contest between the 50s and the 30s. The 50s sound better, are more solid, more comfortable, and from what I've gathered via watching a number of workshops done by recording engineers/producers, they're the studio standard. Totally worth the investment.
Last edited by mjones1992 at Sep 13, 2014,
Give some Sennheiser HD203s a go. You see a lot of studios use them as general use phones. I can also vouch for the quality since I had a pair before I got my M50Xs.
Do you want headphones with a flat response, exaggerated bass, or exaggerated midrange?