Just wondering if tweeters are worth having on a cab? Does anyone use them a lot or does it really not make that much difference?
Depends on what kind of tone you're looking for. When you play a note, you don't get one single frequency. You get the fundamental, and then varying degrees of multiples of that frequency. This is what creates different tones, these overtones and harmonics.

The ideal drive unit is one that has low mass and is rigid. Unfortunately there is no ideal that has been designed yet (there are full range speakers, but these are a compromise. The only one that is available to public is produced by Vienna Acoustics, but is very, very, VERY expensive, but isn't truly full range either, still cuts off the frequency extremes). In order to help bring through these overtones and harmonics, which aren't particularly well reproduced, if at all, on larger speakers (dependant on use of a crossover/filter, which passively splits the signal into two at a frequency point before it gets to the drivers, e.g, everything below 250Hz goes to the larger drivers, everything above that goes to the tweeter, or is drained off), a tweeter is used, which is a lot bettr at producing these higher frequencies, harmonics and overtones. Many cabs with tweeters do have a passive attenuator, so you can reduce the tweeter output to suit to taste.

Hope that made sense.
Thanks, do you know any cheap decent cabs with tweeters (just moving up from my combo to head and cab)?
Quote by Its Chris 96
Just wondering if tweeters are worth having on a cab? Does anyone use them a lot or does it really not make that much difference?

It depends on the low-frequency speakers used and on what you want to get OUT of the cabinet. If you're using an Eminence 3015 HO and playing dubstep, you may not want a tweeter. For pretty much anything else (and especially if you're doing slap), you'll probably want a full-range cabinet with an HF driver that can be L-padded (turned down or off).

The cabinets I use (fEARful 15/6/1, for example) have a 15" Eminence 3015LF. It crosses over to a 6" mids driver, and that crosses over to a 1" tweeter. One of the benefits is that you maintain even dispersion of all frequencies (a single 15" will begin to beam mids and HF above 1000Hz or so). Another is that you eliminate any distortion caused by the cone of one speaker trying to produce the entire spectrum.
They are definitely worth it if you like you bass sound to intrude a bit into the guitar range. If not, then you can do without them.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Well the two cabs I'm looking at are the ashdown abm mini 115 (no tweeter) and a laney rb115 (i believe with a tweeter), I play mainly rock, punk and indie and I've just bought the fender rumble 200 v3
Of those two, I would go with the Ashdown simply because Ashdown is known for quality bass products. Laney is first and foremost a guitar amp company.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley