Finally got this bad boy from guitar center i have been paying off.
Its a USA Jackson Dinky from 1992 in Errie Dess Swirl
the inspection tag that came with it says its a Dinky "St.", whatever that is. Standard?
If someone can help me out with this, id appreciate it. its gotta be a DK1 right? Or most
likely a custom shop, because ive never seen a jackson with this kind of set up.
A few old Charvels did back in the 80s, but not jackson in '92.

Anyway its really nice, its got that broken in feeling to it, only old guitars get, and has been well taken care of. could use a little clean up though, because the neck feels a little sticky.
it has jackson pickups, a jackson floyd rose made by schaler, and 3 mini toggles switches.
now from what i can tell the knobs are set up as a volume/tone/mid boost. but the toggle switches im not so sure, pretty sure they're on/off switches for each pickup but i dont know. the guitar plays great tho, very comfortable and USA necks are always good. not too crazy about the pickups, but ill probably change those eventually. and my only real gripe with this guitar is im not use to playing h/s/s guitars, so that middle pickup gets in the way. but thats on me, so ill just have to get use to it.

...and its twin
That is a VERY subtle finish.

Nice score! Are you going to be learning some hair metal to play on it?

As for the center pickup issue, that will likely disappear as you practice with it. I know a lot of guys play with as much as half of a pick protruding from their grip, but I personally have only a few mm of pick exposed. As a result, I could rest my fingers on the strings with the pick protruding below and not strike a pickup.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
It's finally here! Glad to see it in all its glory. Looks really cool.

HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Super sweet dude.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I want a MIJ/MIA Jackson FR so bad man... Pretty sure my next guitar will be one.

HNGD man, Jackson FTW.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Nice score! Are you going to be learning some hair metal to play on it?

Lol I should. Maybe ill whip out some unskinny bop or something ha

I want to change the pickups. But then it woulnt be original.
What do you guys think? Would I "ruin" this guitar by upgrading it?
To a collector, yes, unless you include the old pups or replace them before sale.

To a player? That will be entirely subjective.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Ya not workin for me. I mean theyre fine, I just know itll sound way better with some duncans in there
Check out DiMarzios too. I'm rediscovering them, just ordered a Tone Zone S for my strat and seriously thinking about some areas 58 and 61 for the neck and middle position.

Check out this video... I know yours is not a strat but these might sound good in it for neck and middle...
Quote by OliveG
Check out DiMarzios too. I'm rediscovering them, just ordered a Tone Zone S for my strat and seriously thinking about some areas 58 and 61 for the neck and middle position.

Check out this video... I know yours is not a strat but these might sound good in it for neck and middle...

Appreciate that man
I know what I like in humbuckers, but single coils I have no idea
Yeah, the area 58 and 61 are both single-coil size humbuckers I believe, so no hum. I used to have a Dinky myself and it had two SD in the neck and middle position which where like that.
sweet

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Are you going to be learning some hair metal to play on it?

ಠ_ಠ

he should already know hair metal
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 14, 2014,
And I thought id just got out my Jackson GAS...

Beautiful guitars!!
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Slayterica
I want to change the pickups. But then it woulnt be original.
What do you guys think? Would I "ruin" this guitar by upgrading it?

Just keep the originals in case you want to put them back later. Just because you get new pickups doesn’t mean the old must go on eBay.