So in my metal band the other guitarist plays on a vyper half stack, and I just got a spider valve hd100 for free and plan on using it. How do you guys thing we will sound live together if we do our best to match rythem channels? Thanks
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG652AHM
Ibanez Prestige RG1527
Ibanez RGT42
Schecter Hellraiser C7
83 Peavey Patriot Special

Amps:
EVH 5150iii 50watt head
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 MKii
Mesa 4x12 Cab
Albion GLS-412 Cabinet
Line 6 Spider Jam
I think it's good that each guitar has a little of it's own character and they can blend together just fine. I am not the #1 L6 Spider fan but careful adjustment of the controls and patches can give decent results.

Basic guitarists rule to live by.: If the guitar sounds good, it is good. If it sounds like ass, fix it so it becomes less ass-like.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Don’t match them. Deliberately mismatch them and put them on opposite sides of the stage and you’ll sound huge.
I figured trying to match them would provide a more full sound
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG652AHM
Ibanez Prestige RG1527
Ibanez RGT42
Schecter Hellraiser C7
83 Peavey Patriot Special

Amps:
EVH 5150iii 50watt head
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 MKii
Mesa 4x12 Cab
Albion GLS-412 Cabinet
Line 6 Spider Jam
That's a no-no, imo. You want the guitars sounding a bit different on stage
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Kinda match the tonality but not 100%. What I am saying don't go blasting high mids while the other guy tunes for more bass, kinda make them full but take a little care to have them sound slightly different. Listen to Slayer circa "South of Heaven" and you'd see what I mean, they even put each guitar in its channel - L or R, they sound similar yet different. Usually evne if you tune them the same your playing styles and guitars will provide enough difference to cover the basses.
Quote by DimeShreder1
I figured trying to match them would provide a more full sound

you want the volumes to match, but I prefer to have a slightly different EQ setting than our other guitarist. having completely different amps helps alot because you want the 2 guitars to compliment each other. I gigged with a SV HD100 for several years and I had no issues with it, but it did take a while to dial in a tone I was completely happy with
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate