So very soon I will be upgrading from my Line 6 Spiderjam to an Eleven Rack setup. At the moment I'm thinking 11R --> Matrix GT800FX --> Orange 2x12. I play mostly metalcore e.g Parkway Drive, but also like the cleaner stuff like Red Hot Chili Peppers etc. The spiderjam is drowned out by my friend's drumkit when we jam.
I just want to know how well the matrix would power the orange 2x12 and how loud it would be because I don't know much about impedance, headroom, and all that stuff.

Links to gear:
https://www.orangeamps.com/products/guitar-speaker-enclosures/open-back/ppc212ob/#tab-id-2

http://aus.matrixamplification.com/rack-amplifers/gt-800-fx-22.html

http://www.avid.com/US/products/eleven-rack#Specifications
That would be unsuitable to say the least.

It would work but you would have to be careful with the volume not to blow the speakers - the amp outputs 800w @ 8ohm, so i'm guessing it'll do around 400w @ 16ohm, which is the input impedance of your cab.
The cab's rated at 120w IIRC, and being "generous" with volume you'll end up either frying the speakers, or breaking the suspensions.

It also is a solid state amp "designed for guitarists".
If you really do want something designed for guitarists, find yourself a tube power amp, and if you don't care about it being designed for that (which actually is marketing spiel for the most part) then get whatever nice and relatively small power amp, say the yamaha P2500S.

Or a carvin TS100 if you want a tube amp.

Also a 100w amp through a PPC212 will be sooo loud.
It will likely physically hurt your ears if you turn it all the way up in a closed space.

So if I was you I wouldn't really care much for the power.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by V.T.
So very soon I will be upgrading from my Line 6 Spiderjam to an Eleven Rack setup. At the moment I'm thinking 11R --> Matrix GT800FX --> Orange 2x12.

So, the eleven rack appears to do all the tone stuff. This means that power amp just needs to give a flat response. The Matrix website says the GT800FX does, but is far too powerful for the Orange 2x12. The last thing you need to do though is have a genuine guitar speaker cab! You need decent quality PA speakers (or monitors) so the simulation by the eleven rack, which INCLUDES cab simulation, does not get screwed up by the characteristics of the Orange cab.

(I wouldn't go down this route at all, just get myself a decent valve guitar amp, even the very metal ones clean up nicely for other shit)
Alright so what are your thoughts on an frfr speaker instead of the power amp and cab. I also would like to keep the overall price under $2k.
Quote by PSimonR
The last thing you need to do though is have a genuine guitar speaker cab! You need decent quality PA speakers (or monitors) so the simulation by the eleven rack, which INCLUDES cab simulation, does not get screwed up by the characteristics of the Orange cab.
Or you could bypass the cab simulation on the eleven rack and use the guitar cab, which if ya ask me will yeld better results.

A PA system though is something you may wanna get anyway if you plan on gigging, TS.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.