Sup dudes I have a peavey studio pro 112 as much as it is a good amp I can't get the sound I want out of it so I wanted to get a modeling amp recently my friend said I should get a multi effects board and I'm confused about what I want to get what should I get and what do you recommend?
Well it really depends. If you know what sound you are aiming for, forget modeling amps or multieffects and save up for a serious amp you will like. If you are still looking for your sound, I'd recommend that multieffects pedal over a modeling amp. Get a Line 6 POD500 (or another version of the POD, depending on your budget). I have been using it for a while now and I am very content with what sounds I can dial in there it's great even for gigging.
Guitars:
Epiphone Sheraton II
ESP LTD MH-1000FR
Vintage VRS100

Amps
Randall RH150G3 (and 412 cab)
Kustom RC30
Line 6 POD HD500
Quote by Darth Crow
Well it really depends. If you know what sound you are aiming for, forget modeling amps or multieffects and save up for a serious amp you will like. If you are still looking for your sound, I'd recommend that multieffects pedal over a modeling amp. Get a Line 6 POD500 (or another version of the POD, depending on your budget). I have been using it for a while now and I am very content with what sounds I can dial in there it's great even for gigging.

My answer is exactly the same as this, except I'd usually recommend the Zoom G5 for no reason other than preference.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Hi John,

I have owned a Boss GT-6 and I recently used an HD500x, and I now use pedals and an amp. In my opinion, the amp is a better way to go in the long run. I only used my GT-6 for a few months and sold it. Having an amp and a custom pedalboard IS more expensive, but it is 100% better. Depends if you are in it for the long run, or short.

Zach
Not when it comes to modeling. Most think the HD500 kicks the GT-100's arse when it comes to that. Which is best when combined with a good tube amp - well, that's where the division lies.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I had a positive experience using a digitech rp350 for a few years while i was deciding on my sound. it will save you money in the long run because it can emulate every type of pedal. it will also help you figure out which effects you actually use, and which ones you don't need.
A modelling amp? Really?
In my experience modelling amps can be fun to mess around with, not to play music with. When you've got like 20 effects in £100 amp when the real pedals cost that much each, there must be something wrong. And there is. The chorus sounds like cats wailing in the background, the phaser makes your guitar sound like a jet engine, the tremolo makes it sound like a burglar alarm...
The same problem could apply to multi effects boards.
For the price of a good enough effects board, you could buy yourself a decent amp and one or two pedals which you'll actually use.
It depends on what you plan on doing with it. Practice, gigging, recording?
What's your budget?
Last edited by mkouta95 at Sep 17, 2014,
Quote by GaryBillington
My answer is exactly the same as this, except I'd usually recommend the Zoom G5 for no reason other than preference.

holy crap you have been on this site longer than like everyone. I have never seen an older account than yours.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
honestly i think you need to do a little more thinking. i wouldn't advise a MFX guitar amp other than the vypyr tube 60 (discontinued since the vypyr came out).

as far as MFX units go verses individual pedals, there are a million things. the benefit of the MFX route is that you can set your tone for something and get instant recall of that setting with your foot. one switch or maybe two. you can add tons of presets for anything. with single pedals, if you get good (read GOOD) pedals i have found that they sound better, but IF you have to change several pedals at once, tap dancing sucks. its doable, not as good though.

it just depends what you want out of it.

its not about me, but i run two to three OD's maybe a wah, vibe and delay thats about it. depends what i need there.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by 457undead
holy crap you have been on this site longer than like everyone. I have never seen an older account than yours.

You never will, except for Zappp but he doesn't count because he started UG. Aside from him, Nov 2001 is the earliest possible join date because of a screw up when we all had to recreate our accounts.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I would like to suggest multi effects board for your use. It is more depends on the sound you are going to listen.
I am going to say multi FX - I have tried a few but the hd500x was the best to my ears, I prefer them over tube or modeling amps but not all the time, Personally If I had to pick over multi FX or an amp I would pick a multi FX .