good afternoon

im into recordings nothing serious just me playing over backing tracks

i found something from line 6 and stinberg UR28M & the UR22 are they good ?
please ignore my username
Never been impressed by Steinberg.

Suggest you look at MOTU and Focusrite.

Unless you like their Cubase software (who would?) which it probably works well with.

Line6 tend to the cheap end of the market, but some of their top of the range stuff is worth looking at.
Steinberg has the best preamps and conversion in its class... but as already said, their hardware support is less than stellar.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
For the money I'd get a mackie onyx blackjack, though the steinberg's will work just fine as well.

Skip line 6.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I have the MR816x and I LOVE it. FW drivers were a bit of a bitch to install, but it has been running for about 4 years steady now without a hiccup, and it sounds great.

I have dealt with Steinberg tech support very infrequently, but have always been impressed. I even got to chat with Charlie Steinberg himself once. Truth!

I also love Cubase. I've stuck with it for probably 15 years and have never felt the need to switch - even after working with a friend in his ProTools studio.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
thanks guys for the response

i mentioned stinberg because thats the only thing available here and i tried Cubase back when i had the digitech rp255 it sounded like sh*t so i sold it and never opend the program again

so whats an upgrade from the stinberg which i can find online
Cubase (or any other DAW) has zero effect on the sound. Also definitely go Steinberg over Line6, the UX series sound like ass.
Quote by chatterbox272
Cubase (or any other DAW) has zero effect on the sound. Also definitely go Steinberg over Line6, the UX series sound like ass.

i meant using the rp255 for recording

it sounded like an atari game
You do one of the following:
(a) Don't
(b) Put a mic infront of it

choose option (a) if you don't have a good quality tube amp or aren't 100% nailing the tone you want when you put your ear within a foot of the speaker (obviously using ear protection). Also choose (a) if you don't own/want-to-buy a microphone, or learn the intricacies of mic placement. To make (a) an actual useful suggestion, once you've decided not to mic your amp take a look at our amp simulator sticky. Plug your guitar straight into the interface, and load up some of the plugins in that sticky, and you're good to go.
So I should get the lanny ironheart studio and skip all this headache (I was planning to get the 30w combo)

Quote by chatterbox272
You do one of the following:
(a) Don't
(b) Put a mic infront of it

choose option (a) if you don't have a good quality tube amp or aren't 100% nailing the tone you want when you put your ear within a foot of the speaker (obviously using ear protection). Also choose (a) if you don't own/want-to-buy a microphone, or learn the intricacies of mic placement. To make (a) an actual useful suggestion, once you've decided not to mic your amp take a look at our amp simulator sticky. Plug your guitar straight into the interface, and load up some of the plugins in that sticky, and you're good to go.

You forgot:

(c) Connect the preamp out/effects send to interface and run an impulse with it as your cabinet.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
You forgot:

(c) Connect the preamp out/effects send to interface and run an impulse with it as your cabinet.

Most amps that are good enough to do that with are generally worth putting a mic infront of.

TS I don't know what that amps like but maybe, if it's a decent amp. Otherwise hook up an amp sim, it's pretty quick and easy to do (check out the sticky on them).
Quote by chatterbox272
Most amps that are good enough to do that with are generally worth putting a mic infront of.

Usually - but micing is also a technique that takes practice, a lot of beginners actually get better results with impulses this way then they would micing the amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com