I was thinking of buying the Electro-Harmonix BassBalls envelope filter, does anyone have it and is it worth buying?
There have been a few incarnations of the EHX BassBalls pedal, and some are definitely better than others. The one with the black housing that was made in Russia is nowhere near as good as the original one, so stay away from it. The original version was pretty cool, and might be worth picking up.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I think they have a great sound. If you want a similar kind of effect, but with even better tone and more range of tones, and you don't mind spending more money, check out the Electro Harmonix Q-Tron filter, and run a Bass Big Muff inside the Q-Tron's effect loop. Crazy fat filtered fuzz tone.
Thanks, do you know any cheap decent cabs with tweeters (just moving up from my combo to head and cab)?
reeta
Quote by reeta12
Thanks, do you know any cheap decent cabs with tweeters (just moving up from my combo to head and cab)?

Where are you located? What brands are available in your neck of the woods? Are you willing to go used? And what is you budget? Are you looking for a 2x10" cab with a tweeter, or maybe a 1x15" with a tweeter?
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley