http://8tracks.com/decrepit/as-the-serpent-sleeps

A mix of some of my favorite dark ambient acts, specifically ritual ambient. So relax, smoke a cigarello or a marijuana plant if thats your thing (because its def not mine), and listen to this cool ass mix

22/9/2014 - AnnihiGAYer
29/9/2014 - severed-meh-tul
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Dark Ritual Ambient? If this doesn't have Nest and/or Syven I will be disappoint.

Only got up to Herbst9 so far, but I'm going to head to bed.

I don't think there's much point doing a track by track. I really quite liked this. The vibe was nice, quite chilled. There was more of an asian vibe than I'd expected, but I really liked that. A lot of (Stereo)typically middle eastern sounds going on at times which I really dug.

Looking forwards to finishing this tomorrow. .
Really loving these tracks kirk. I'm into stuff like this for sure. I like the vibe, makes me want to burn a bunch of incense and meditate.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
Dark Ritual Ambient? If this doesn't have Nest and/or Syven I will be disappoint.

Only got up to Herbst9 so far, but I'm going to head to bed.

I don't think there's much point doing a track by track. I really quite liked this. The vibe was nice, quite chilled. There was more of an asian vibe than I'd expected, but I really liked that. A lot of (Stereo)typically middle eastern sounds going on at times which I really dug.

Looking forwards to finishing this tomorrow. .

I wouldn't consider Nest or Syven very ritualistic compared to these guys. I know one track from each artist without context is probably not enough to give you an idea of how each sounds, but if you listen to full albums from each of these artists (the way they really should be listened), you'd get a better sense of the ritualistic, tribal, almost primitive atmosphere they give off, more so than most dark ambient artists.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Still not entirely sold on Ritual Ambient being anything but an adjective for Dark Ambient, even after listening to this playlist. And this is coming from someone with vast, intimate experience with Dark Ambient. No matter. Going to listen again tonight in more appropriate settings.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Sep 15, 2014,
I plan on listening to this tonight, I'll probably post something about it tomorrow but I have been known to lie before.
Listening now, in broad daylight against your wishes. #TheKvltIsReal

EDIT: I can definitely see why you would want to listen to this at night. Not even past the first track but I'm already left without a soul. So far I've only heard names in passing. This is all fairly new to me, and I'm experiencing what I imagine what went through Rusty Cohle's head as he entered Carcosa.

EDITEDIT: Well that was taxing to listen to. I am just finishing it up with what I assume is that last track. This all seemed very spiritual, to me. The sounds accompanying these tracks were on a level of either intense sorrow or fear.

I enjoyed it however. This might warrant another listen from me, since I felt everything meshed well, and what with the atmosphere akin to a desolate ground where only souls exist. Nice work sailor.
Last edited by severed-metal at Sep 17, 2014,