Hi Guys,
(please read through the whole story, it is lengthy and includes every bit of information that could be needed so that a continuous process of questions and answers wont be needed.)
I am listing today a very peculiar problem that I have endured on my guitar for some time now. About 2 years ago I purchased a used mint condition ltd H-351fr. I loved the guitar and it was my first axe with EMGs. The EMG setup is the classic 81/85 combo. From the start I thought that after watching videos on youtube of what EMG's should sound like, I always thought that something was a bit off about the guitar, but i always just assumed that I wasn't good enough yet. Although i could play faster and cleaner solos on my ibanez RG low end ibanez passive pickups. But back to the LTD, the guitar sounded fine through all the settings of clean, crunch, dirty, and massive distortion on my line 6 spyder 4 150watt.
About A year or so to date I had a few friends over ( who neither were guitar players in any manner) and thought i would show them my beautiful guitar and play a little something. This in hind sight was a awful idea and has haunted me since. Because that day i was playing something distorted through my line 6 amp at a pretty loud volume for a bed room setting when not paying attention one of my friends thought it would be a brilliant idea to unplug my ampilifer from the wall socket. The amp made a loud crackling noise and a slight "pop" or "pow" noise as a amp would if suddenly cut off or lost power. I, being very un amused put up my guitar and called it a day for playing.
A day or so later I noticed something, I dont allows play on clean tones, because it wasnt really my style at the time but when i did eventually switched to a clean tone and struck a cord I was introduced to a TONE THAT CAME FROM THE AMP OF A NORMAL SOUNDING EMG TONE, BUT WAS MASKED BY A CRACKLING, STATICY, DISTORTED EVEN SOUND COMING FROM THE CLEAN CHANNEL. ( THIS PART I ADDED IN CAPS so that for skimmers to catch attention to my main problem. ) In all the amp speakers sounded like they were blown. I was furious, that my only a few month old amp was blown. I went back to playing distortded tones and notice nothing in the sound. I then thought let me check the amp with my other guitar, my ibanez. So i did the tests and it sounded fine through distortion and as well as clean channels. I was very confused at the time, the only thing that i could understand is that maybe since the LTD had the active pickups in it, that they maybe had too much power for my now blown amp. As if that the unplugging caused the speakers to blow and the power and brightness of the emg was too much for it now.
So. months went by thinking that i didnt have a fulling functioning amp, and after a while i became discouraged and stopped playing, also i went off to college and didnt take my electric instruments with me.
After college i was working during the summer and came across a nice little music shop, i went in a saw in the used section a beautiful schecter that was fitted with emg 81/85s as well. I plugged it up and fell in love it was like the easiest playing guitar i have ever played. Partly was because it was fitted with thicker string which are now my preference. I purchaed the guitar days later and took it home.
I started to play through my line 6 spyder 4 150watt with distroted tones and was blown away. the guitar felt alive and sounded great. after about an hour jam session on it, I knew it was the moment of truth, I switchdd over to a clean channel, my heart rate slowly raising, i fingered a chord to strike, and boom nothing but beautiful clean tones ( as beautiful as can be on an EMG pick up. I was puzzed and happily excited. I went and plugged in my LTD with the same pickups and all the same wood features and hardware other than the extra accessory of a set neck and once again the sound was crappy. It was awful through only a clean or low distorted channel. and it felt very weak.
I then thought to get out my older line 6n spyder 15watt amp to check the sounds and once again only my LTD had bad sounds on all clean and cleanish channels. as if the speakers were blown on the guitar. So i knew that it had to be the pickups.
So i contacted a worker at THE EMG website and he said to send the pickups or what he love to refer to them as puppies, to him for a R/R. so i did that and i learned that he said the in my 2012 model guitar was fitted with 09' EMG pickups and he said the even though they were out of waurentee he would send me a refurbished pair from his work bench. Also to note the he stated the 81 was a bit sCratchy and weak but the 85 was fine.
I received the new (to me) 81/85 that were 2012 and 2013 models and replaced them in my LTD guitar, I also fitted it with thicker strings and fixed all the neccesary truss rod issues along with that.
So i plugged the guitar in and notice that it was alot more like my new schecter, it felt alive and sounded great through my amp on distorted tones. But once again it was Moment of truth time for my LTD. As i switched to a clean channel and struck a cord i was met with an awful static-y and blown sound. My morale was dropped to the floor. I could not put things together.

I would like to add that no matter which amp i plug the "ruined" or cursed LTD through it sounds like the speakers of any amp sound blown, no matter if it is a solid state amp, tube amp, combo amp, or half stack. EVEN MY AMPLITUDE IPHONE GUITAR APP my head phones sound staticy and blown.

I have been in contact with the guy from emg and he can not give me any further information about the issue.

This is my favorite guitar and at this point i am fed up idk what to do. new pick ups and the same exact problem. I want to sell it and get rid of it but also dont want to drop a project on anyone else.

SO I ASK THIS BOARD WHAT CAN I DO, AND HAS ANY ONE EVER EXPIERENCED ANYTHING LIKE THIS. I CAN NOT FIGURE IT OUT. that day when my amp got unplugged could it have shorted out the electronics inside the guitar, are the soldered wires ruined, does the guitar need all new wires and pots??? and why is it only through low end channels like clean and crunchs.

when gain channels are added the effects can not be heard because i supppose they are masked by the distortion. can anyone help me

LAST BIT OF INFORMATION IS THAT NO MATTER WHAT THE "EQ" ON THESE CHANNELS ARE SET AT. THE SOUND IS THE SAME. WITH GAIN ALL THE WAY DOWN TO GAIN TURNED ALL THE WAY UP ON CLEAN CHANNELS THE SOUND IS PURE CRAP.

THE SOUND AGAIN IS A SOUND THAT WOULD COME FROM AN EMG FITTED GUITAR, BUT IS OVER DUBBED OR MASK WITH LOUD MUFFELED SOUND THAT MAKES AS IF YOU WERE PLAYING THROUGH A BROKEN SPEAKER.

ALSO DOES NOT MATTER THE DISTANCE OF THE PICK UP FROM THE STRINGS.

THANK YOU FOR ALL SUGGESTIONS AND HOPEFULLY SOME ONE HAS A SOLUTION TO THIS LONG TERM PROBLEM
Ok, I'll admit I didn't read that whole thing but I did ctrl+f "battery" and nothing came up.

Did you try replacing the battery?

Edit after reading the whole thing:
Battery or a short in the wiring. Check the wiring and replace the switch, jack, and wires if you can't find the short. Redoing the wiring would probably take less time than typing that whole post out.
Yeah, i just put in emg's into my guitar, and they were wierd and scratchy at the start. I fiddeled with the wiring a bit and they work very well now. So yeah, do that, and change the batteries, since this is exactly what happens when the battery is bad.

And you could have just written "My emg's are distorting on clean, what to do?".
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Sounds like a low / dead batt to me too. That happened to me before.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Sounds like the battery
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by gorkyporky
Yeah, i just put in emg's into my guitar, and they were wierd and scratchy at the start. I fiddeled with the wiring a bit and they work very well now. So yeah, do that, and change the batteries, since this is exactly what happens when the battery is bad.

And you could have just written "My emg's are distorting on clean, what to do?".

+1 you are learning so i understand, but ii would't bother making a thread related to EMG's without new batteries. also verify the batteries are good.

i didn't read it all either.

always verify power first before anything electrical.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have replaced the batteries before and still everything is the same, I thought I added that in the origional post. But in guessing I didnt