im aiming to buy this set but how much do you think it will cost? thanks.

Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
The cymbals alone would be likely to cost around £2,500, I wouldn't hold your breath :/
so like, $300 total?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Hehehe not by a long way. Cymbals at least $3000 (assuming you're buying them new), you could probably half that if you found all the stuff used.

That kit has been discontinued, but the nearest Yamaha do now is at least £1800 (~$3000) here in the UK for a 4-piece. So probably at least $6000 for the drums.

So, that comes to $9000 -ish, and that's without stands, pedals etc.
Way too much.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
thanks. would you consider it a good set or should I be looking for something better?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by 457undead
thanks. would you consider it a good set or should I be looking for something better?

Is this guy a troll or...?

But yes, I'd say this is nearly the pinnacle of what you could get. Top-of-the-line kit, the same with the cymbals. I'd be very happy if someone bought this for me, although I probably wouldn't even use half of it
I have about 10 thousand (US) in my Pearl Masters Custom.

Sizes: 8-10-12-13-14-16 (2)24" kick drums.

I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Quote by 457undead

Have you ever even played on a large kit before?

Personally, I hate them. 95% of the people that owns kits this large don't even use half of it and, if you're not a professional in a big band, it just makes you look dumb IMO.

Give me a 4 or 5 piece, hi-hat, 2 crashes, a ride and a china and I'm good to go. Always makes me laugh when I see a drummer on stage with a local band that has this giant set. I would kill myself if I had to lug that thing around every show. Screw that.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Give me a 4 or 5 piece, hi-hat, 2 crashes, a ride and a china and I'm good to go.

Pah, amateur! Kick, snare and a 20" crash is enough for me
Quote by Lordyboy
Pah, amateur! Kick, snare and a 20" crash is enough for me

No hi-hat? That sounds terriblez. Gimme hi-hat before anything else, yo!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

No hi-hat? That sounds terriblez. Gimme hi-hat before anything else, yo!

It's workable, although the smallest I've gigged with has been that + hi hat and floor tom. I find that you can substitute the closed hi-hat with rim clicks, and open hi hat by riding on the crash (or crashing it).

I first tried it after seeing these guys live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Bmwtx2KBY, he makes a huge f*cking racket on a tiny kit haha
Quote by Lordyboy
It's workable, although the smallest I've gigged with has been that + hi hat and floor tom. I find that you can substitute the closed hi-hat with rim clicks, and open hi hat by riding on the crash (or crashing it).

I first tried it after seeing these guys live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Bmwtx2KBY, he makes a huge f*cking racket on a tiny kit haha

I dunno, i think I'd rather listen to all that on a hi-hat, cause you can do more intricate work up top to make the beats sound more diverse. I really like the music, but I got bored of the drum sound about 2 minutes in
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
sorry for necroing this thread but i was just told that yamaha was meh with drums and dw is better after i showed someone this kit. is that true in this context?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Last edited by 457undead at Sep 25, 2015,