Hi, people. I'm new to the forums. I was hoping for some feedback on my writing style, instrumentation, and overall songs. I write more for fun than anything, right now, but its a dream of mine to record with a band and do vocals. I have a laundry list of influences from all over the heavy music spectrum and I attempt to meld all of them, sometimes but not always fluidly because there's a jarring quality that I desire at times. I also like to occasionally employ dissonance and feedback ala Dillinger, Converge, Ion Dissonance, Norma Jean, etc. I have quite a few songs, so if anyone's interested in hearing more, just ask.

Update: I added some midis and a tuxguitar for I Was Born, would have added GP5 if the mix upon conversion wasn't so sinfully bad.

UPDATE: WAV files (basically MP3s) for both: I Was Born http://www.mediafire.com/listen/546o3d6rk6ffepb/I_Was_Born.wav

Broke Wing: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/e8n8x4qae8pylym/Broke_Wing.wav

Hope you like:
Attachments:
I Was Born.gpx
Broke-Wing.gpx
Last edited by Million Dead at Jan 22, 2015,
Hey buddy, good to have someone keeping the forum alive here. I think you'll find plenty of people who like the "true" Metalcore bands here (i.e., Converge) but what most of us are not a fan of is GP6 and hence files with the ".gpx" extension. Try a MIDI or mp3 if it can't be supplied in GP5/4/3, TG or PT and you'll get some reception.
Lose the breakdowns and more dissonance please. Will give a detailed crit if you ask for it, I'm not gonna bother if you don't want to hear my opinion (which might not be positive)
Quote by allthatichug
holy mother of time signatures

Wow, such a constructive crit. I mean I'm lazy, that's why I nowadays rarely crit but every single post I've seen from you in this forum is completely pointless.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Last edited by Ometh at Sep 15, 2014,
Go ahead and tell me what you think. And no aggression, please. I'm fine with any comment on the songs, be it short or long. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to listen.