I know both amps are high end amps. I like Laney because i have seen Paul Gilbert use them. I think Killswitch Engage are Laney endorsers now too. I like ENGL because i saw Buckethead live in Lawrence, Kansas and he had an Engl half stack

I was just wondering if someone could tell me why there is such a big difference in price.
They are both 2x12 combos but i was wondering if someone could tell me why the Engl is so much more ?

The Laney goes for about $1000 and the Engl goes for like $3000 !! are the features on the Engl really worth paying $2000 more ? from my little research i know the Engl has some features that the Laney doesn't have like an extra 40watts,a noise gate, an extra dedicated channel, and i think 8 tubes vs 6 tubes on the Laney. I want an amp that i can play Hard Rock/Metal on but that i can also get good cleans out of. I plan to play live and i'm going to be a professional musician. For whatever reason i prefer combo amps over heads and cabinets. I was just hoping someone would be more familiar with these two amps than i am and could educate me. Thank you !
Because the Laney is a cheap made in china amp and the Engl is made in Germany with better quality parts
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Because the Laney is a cheap made in china amp and the Engl is made in Germany with better quality parts

+1 period. better standards, better components, superior assembly in germany. not in china. also they probably.

i dpn't understand these questions keeping up. these topics, a kia and a porsche.

also you will find with other amps are hand wired, thta is another cost related thing, but is NOT in this thread.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/