Hi, I've been practicing the song Vicarious by Tool lately, and I've got a good feel for most of the song. However, there's a part that goes like this:
E|---------------|--------------------|
B|---------------|--------------------|
G|---------------|--------------------|
D|---------------|--------------------|
A|-7-7-3-8-8-8-|-7-7-7-10-10-10-|
D|-3-3-3-3-3-3-|-5-5-5-10-10-10-|

Or at least, according to the tablature that I am reading, that is how it should go.

You can hear it at 2:21 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUGbu6Jcrmw

This is a really uncomfortable stretch for me though. I've been trying to think of a different way to play it that sounds similar, but I just can't get it without doing other uncomfortable stretches. Am I just gonna have to suck it up and practice this stretch? Or is there a better way to play this? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Oh, and sorry for the poorly formatted tab haha, I don't normally write in forums.
There might be, considering that E is dropped to D I am not sure but I would definitely suck it up. Keep practicing the stretch until its easy and you'll be happy you did later down the road when you run into something else that requires elastic fingers.
Drop the A string 8th fret to 3rd fret D string if the stretch is too much. It's the same note.

You don't need to follow tabs 100% exactly
I would suggest you keep working on your stretching. It's not really a very big stretch. In the long run it will help you a fair bit I think, it's a relatively common sort of stretch distance.
I usually play it this way instead

E---------------------------
B---------------------------
G---------------------------
D-2-2-2-3-3-3---------------
A-------------7-7-7-10-10-10
D-3-3-3-3-3-3-5-5-5-10-10-10

I agree with practicing your stretches though.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!