I recently started building my first pedalboard, and I had the preconceived notion that I could only use it with tube amps and that modeling amps "don't take pedals well".

So my question is this: I have access to a Fender Mustang III (V1), and if I go into the modeling for a specific clean preset, disable the reverb, and disable the compressor, and then put my real reverb pedal and Sonic Stomp in the Fender's effects loop, will I get a good result? I would also put my Joyo Dyna-Compressor in front of the amp. Has anyone else messed with pedals in front of a Mustang or put effects in the effects loop?
Guitar > Compressor > Amp > FX Out > Sonic Stomp > Reverb > FX In

I'd always put any delay/reverb unit after anything that compresses the sound, so I like it at the end of the chain in the FX loop.

If you put it right at the front of your chain, the compressor and amp will boost the trail of sound created by the reverb. It makes reverbing sound louder. Just try it in both places and see which you prefer.
Quote by AndyGray
Guitar > Compressor > Amp > FX Out > Sonic Stomp > Reverb > FX In

I'd always put any delay/reverb unit after anything that compresses the sound, so I like it at the end of the chain in the FX loop.

If you put it right at the front of your chain, the compressor and amp will boost the trail of sound created by the reverb. It makes reverbing sound louder. Just try it in both places and see which you prefer.

Wouldn't it make more sense to put the Sonic Stomp after the reverb? From what I've read and seen, the Sonic Stomp only improves the sound of different effects pedals like delays, reverbs, modulation, etc.