do you love the songs that you/your band creates as much as the ones your favourite bands make?
I actually love them more, because I composed them. It was my time and effort. My emotions. My introspection. And the end result is pretty cool to me.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I actually love them more, because I composed them. It was my time and effort. My emotions. My introspection. And the end result is pretty cool to me.

That was pretty much my response when this came up in a discussion with some friends. Just interested in how other people view the stuff they come up with, as we all had differing opinions.
I don't think they're as good musically as the ones my favourite bands make, but they're more fun to play because they're your own in my opinion. But then again I'm quite a negative person.
I prefer to play originals. However for plain listening I prefer listening to other peoples material.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I think of them differently. I love the music I create, but I can never have a completely unbiased opinion of it because I'm so emotionally invested in it. When I listen to a song my band wrote, I think about the entire writing process and the tweaks we made, all the times we played it live and how that felt, the recording process and specific things we did to make it sound good, and then the overall sound of the recording. So it's something I'm super proud of, but I could never say it is better or worse than the music I like by other people. I don't "feel" their music the same way i feel my own.

That being said, I've written some not so good music that I can immediately say I like a lot less than other bands' music. Haha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I aim to write songs that I love as much as I love my very favorite songs by other artists.

My reach frequently exceeds my grasp.
I hate my songs. Usually i write a song, and then i kinda like it, until i write the next one. The last one i do is always the best, with maybe one or two exceptions. But when i compare my songs with songs from my favorite artists, they always fall short and i kinda loose all motivation to even do music anymore. But i also enjoy playing my own songs more than covers for some reason. I just hate hearing them recorded and i always think they suck compared to anything else. So i guess i think my songs are bad, but i like playing them anyway.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
I had this discussion with a friend of mine recently. I love writting music. Now im a pretty good guitarist and my songs are generally pretty good, although they are not nearly as great or "full" as something by mumford and sons. I can play Mumford all i want but there is something more about a song that a wrote. I feel like the song is part of me and what im feeling and not the words of someone else.
We like ours' more, due to the fact we may craft them to our will, and also, all human endeavors are pointless in the wake of our power.
Quote by ibanezguitars44
I think of them differently. I love the music I create, but I can never have a completely unbiased opinion of it because I'm so emotionally invested in it. When I listen to a song my band wrote, I think about the entire writing process and the tweaks we made, all the times we played it live and how that felt, the recording process and specific things we did to make it sound good, and then the overall sound of the recording. So it's something I'm super proud of, but I could never say it is better or worse than the music I like by other people. I don't "feel" their music the same way i feel my own.

That being said, I've written some not so good music that I can immediately say I like a lot less than other bands' music. Haha

Pretty much all of this.

I don't really listen to my own songs (sometimes I do), I prefer listening to other bands - or actually I listen to my songs for different reasons. But playing my own songs is a whole different thing. Its really cool to play something that you created.

And yeah, you just can't listen to your own songs the way you listen to other bands.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Sep 21, 2014,
I love'em more and hate them more. It's strange.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!