Poll: How do you feel about people burning your country's flag?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you feel about people burning your country's flag?
I'm American and there's nothing wrong with burning the flag
24 25%
I'm American and don't like that people burn flags but respect their right to do it
18 19%
I'm American, **** people who burn flags. It shouldn't be free speech
1 1%
I'm not American and there's nothing wrong with burning a flag
33 34%
I'm not American and I don't like that people burn flags but respect their right to do it
18 19%
I'm not American, **** people who burn flags. It shouldn't be free speech
2 2%
Voters: 96.
Page 1 of 3
What is your opinion on burning your country's flag? This is a controversial topic in the US, where it is legally allowed but very much unpopular. I'm interested in seeing this discussion.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
No laws against it in the Netherlands, you could only get in trouble for just burning stuff if you're not doing it in a fire pit or in a barbecue or something like that.
I would say that there's nothing 'wrong' with burning a flag, in the same way that there's nothing wrong with protesting against your country (cause that's pretty much how I see burning the flag). I might not agree with your reasons to do it though. And if you feel the need to protest, there's probably a better way to do it.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
It's pretty stupid, both symbolically and, well, any other way.
My God, it's full of stars!
It could be seen as disrespectful, but it doesn't warrant criminal charges.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
All in all you'd just be silly for burning a piece of cloth and thinking that proves something. Just as ridiculous as those people burning books.
Burn the flag. Wipe your arse on it first or use it as a jizz rag. It's probably mostly synthetic material anyway, so make a habit of it and you're probably giving yourself lung cancer, or causing damage to your swimmers.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I don't care about my country's national identity [or any country's national identity for that matter] enough to care.

Overly patriotic people make me cringe
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Burn the flag. Wipe your arse on it first or use it as a jizz rag. It's probably mostly synthetic material anyway, so make a habit of it and you're probably giving yourself lung cancer, or causing damage to your swimmers.

I can totally imagine someone being angry and trying to protest and then getting in trouble for creating hazardous fumes.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Real Muricans fap with the flag.

If you claim to love your country, you better be ready to prove it.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
i'd rather people burn flags for some stupid hateful reason than people burning other people.
Quote by NewDayHappy
If it is for Anti-War purposes, I support flag burning 100%.

What if it's not? What if it's just for the sake of...burning the flag?
Quote by ultimate-slash
All in all you'd just be silly for burning a piece of cloth and thinking that proves something. Just as ridiculous as those people burning books.

It sends a message to those that worship said piece of cloth. Who's sillier, the person burning the piece of fabric or the person who's threatening to kick the former's ass because of it?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
It sends a message to those that worship said piece of cloth. Who's sillier, the person burning the piece of fabric or the person who's threatening to kick the former's ass because of it?

"How dare you burn that cheap-ass replica of a symbol? Can't you respect the sweat and tears of the child labourers in Malaysia who made it?"
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
What if it's not? What if it's just for the sake of...burning the flag?

I'd burn it anyway. Too many young kids get caught up fighting some politicians war.
Quote by NewDayHappy
I'd burn it anyway. Too many young kids get caught up fighting some politicians war.

<insert quotes from Guns n' Roses Civil War here>
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It could be seen as disrespectful, but it doesn't warrant criminal charges.

I think that's sort of the point if it: expressing a lack of respect for that state, their policies, or their actions.

But the fact that it's disrespectful speaks for why it should be allowed, not against it.

(I'm UK, and have no issue with flag burning)
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

Well yeah, they're all silly. But if someone worships that flag, burning it is not going to make any valid point, it's just going to piss them off. And pissing of silly people is just plain stupid because that won't get you anywhere. You'd just end up with a burnt flag and angry people. And burnt people if you mess up the flag burning bit.
Quote by ultimate-slash
Well yeah, they're all silly. But if someone worships that flag, burning it is not going to make any valid point, it's just going to piss them off. And pissing of silly people is just plain stupid because that won't get you anywhere. You'd just end up with a burnt flag and angry people. And burnt people if you mess up the flag burning bit.

Yes, but burning a flag gets you on the news much better than a restrained protest like:

Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by MadClownDisease
I think that's sort of the point if it: expressing a lack of respect for that state, their policies, or their actions.

But the fact that it's disrespectful speaks for why it should be allowed, not against it.

(I'm UK, and have no issue with flag burning)

That wasn't really what I meant by it being disrespectful. I meant it more in terms of the flag being a representation of the people who died for America's ability to have first world problems.

I suppose it depends on how one interprets what the flag personally means. I'm still not saying flag burning should be illegal though.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 15, 2014,
Quote by Dreadnought
It's pretty stupid, both symbolically and, well, any other way.

yeah like if a flag falls on the ground or is just old and beat up they have to burn it, I agree that's pretty stupid
that kills the flag

#yesallflags

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
they had our flag on their dressing room floor

now i wanna know if they want us to sign it

Quote by stratkat
Don't care, most flags could use a redesign anyway.

We should have like, a skeletal eagle biting a snake in half on our flag, that'd be pretty badass.

thats the mexican flag
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Who's sillier, the person burning the piece of fabric or the person who's threatening to kick the former's ass because of it?

the person burning it because anti-americans who live in america are cringey as ****
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by CaptainCanti
the person burning it because anti-americans who live in america are cringey as ****

No, it's not Anti-American to burn the flag. It is stupid as hell to beat someone over it, though.
no opinion.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Yes, but burning a flag gets you on the news much better than a restrained protest like:

I've found just burning the people is much more effective.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
No, it's not Anti-American to burn the flag. It is stupid as hell to beat someone over it, though.

if someone does it because "**** murica im so edgy" then yeah thats stupid as hell and I couldn't care less if they get beat up over it because they're probably shit people anyways
but burning it because it fell on the ground or was really old and tattered is a different matter
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by CaptainCanti
if someone does it because "**** murica im so edgy" then yeah thats stupid as hell and I couldn't care less if they get beat up over it because they're probably shit people anyways
but burning it because it fell on the ground or was really old and tattered is a different matter

If someone thinks people should get beat up over burning flags then yeah that's stupid as hell and I couldn't care less if they get beat up too over it because they probably don't have the mental capacity of a real person anyway.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by CaptainCanti

You're a quality person, Canti. Very quality.

We already covered this part.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
If someone thinks people should get beat up over burning flags then yeah that's stupid as hell and I couldn't care less if they get beat up too over it because they probably don't have the mental capacity of a real person anyway.

he's like 13 dude don't bully
Quote by Weaponized
he's like 13 dude

I thought he was 17 but considering his critical thinking skills he might as well be 13.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Page 1 of 3