I have a speculation.
You may say Im Stupid or something but It could be a stupid idea.

I have a Session 500 Amp that was my Grandfathers who passed 6 years ago (So I really do not want to get rid of the amp). He played steel guitar and liked Black Widow speakers. I play standard electric guitar and bass and the Black Widow speaker doesn't really do my justice. I'm wondering if I can take out the Black Widow GUITAR speaker (15') and putting a BASS (15') speaker in it would work with the same Ohms (8) and be able to plug my bass in it and have it a bass amp.

Is it possible to sound good or am I just saying stuff?
1996 Fender Tex Mex Stratocaster
1994 Ibanez Iceman ICB300 Bass
2011 Custom Gibson Les Paul
1984 Morley Power Wah
Squier P Bass
1983 Peavey Session 500
Line 6 POD 2.0.
Various BOSS Pedals
Pearl Forum Series Drums
Last edited by Dcat1000 at Sep 15, 2014,
Might as well try! As long as the new speaker isn't lower impedance than the old one you won't hurt the amp. Does the Session 500 have an ext speaker out? You could try plugging it into a bass cab first to see what that sounds like.
Quote by ethan_hanus
If I remember correctly, the Black Widow is made by Peavey for their PA gear, which is actually a pretty decent speaker, handles low end pretty well.

So if I put my bass into that it's still be fine? Like I know the Peavey (can't remember 100% here) TNT or one of the Bass amps has a BW Speaker in it so would there be no difference?
1996 Fender Tex Mex Stratocaster
1994 Ibanez Iceman ICB300 Bass
2011 Custom Gibson Les Paul
1984 Morley Power Wah
Squier P Bass
1983 Peavey Session 500
Line 6 POD 2.0.
Various BOSS Pedals
Pearl Forum Series Drums
Aside from the speaker, the circuitry is designed to have a frequency response tailored to the instrument that it intended to be used with. Also, bass amps (at least the ones ive seen) have limiter circuits built into the power amp to keep the speakers from blowing out from high volume levels and hard attacks.

You don't need the limiter if you are careful with the volume settings but a bass is below the ideal frequency range of a guitar amp so the sound may not be that great. I say try it and see.