So i have been looking around and i have found multiple Schecter Hellraiser c1 for sale around 300 dollars. is this a good price for this instrument??? i have a les paul custom. Epiphone. i have 300 handy and have been urging a new guitar. What do you think? Also what is a diamond series c1?? instead of just the normal c1 hellraiser

Thanks

Jake

P.S sorry for posting this in the other forum i didnt realise it was the wrong one
$300 is a good price on a used hellraiser, just pay attention to the pickups for what you want, older ones have the typical 81/85 set and newer ones (not sure when they did the switch) have 89/81tw which are splittable to single coil with push pull pots.

And all of the production Schecters are Diamond Series
$300 is a very good deal. Honestly I’d be suspicious at that price; they tend to run around $500.

Diamond Series guitars are made in Asia. Other Schecter guitars are made at the custom shop in California.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by jakemcgovern21
http://m.ebay.ie/itm/181521798941?nav=SEARCH

What do you think should I buy it??? It will be 300€ in total with shipping if I win this bid. There's only 5 hours eat so reply fast please!!! Also is it worth buying if I have an lp custom?

They are very nice guitars for that price. I bought a Blackjack ATX V for about $350 and it's quite nice. It had one ding in the back which was no big deal to me. It plays like the $900+ model it was new.

Also, you can't have too many guitars. I only have my V at the moment, but I've been really jonesing for an additional guitar. I keep my V tuned to C# Standard but occasionally I like to play blues and hard rock which sounds better in E standard. Different tunings have a different interplay with your amp. So yeah, get another guitar.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
That's definitely a great price for a Hellraiser, assuming it all works.

As for the question about "Diamond Series": All of Schecter's mass produced guitars from Asia are "Diamond Series". All of them. Hellraisers, Blackjacks, Omens, Damiens, etc. All of them. That said, a "Diamond Series C-1" is still different from a "Hellraiser C-1". Chances are, if you're seeing a Schecter "Diamond Series" instrument that doesn't also have another name, like "Hellraiser" or "Damien" or something else like that, it's an older model from the late 90s or early 2000s, from before they got everything organized into their current lines. Or possibly a prototype or limited-edition of some kind.

If you're looking at used Schecters, and aren't sure exactly what it is you're getting, you can find all of the info on Schecter's website. They have all the info on all their guitars up there, plus if you click the "Vault" link at the top of the page, you can download PDFs of all their old catalogs 2000-2013, which have all the info on the out-of-date models. Just check the serial number to find out which year it is. First 2 numeric digits are the year. Some models have serial numbers that start with a letter. Just ignore the letter and look at the numbers if that's the case.\

www.schecterguitars.com
Last edited by the_bi99man at Sep 16, 2014,
Quote by the_bi99man
That's definitely a great price for a Hellraiser, assuming it all works.

As for the question about "Diamond Series": All of Schecter's mass produced guitars from Asia are "Diamond Series". All of them. Hellraisers, Blackjacks, Omens, Damiens, etc. All of them. That said, a "Diamond Series C-1" is still different from a "Hellraiser C-1". Chances are, if you're seeing a Schecter "Diamond Series" instrument that doesn't also have another name, like "Hellraiser" or "Damien" or something else like that, it's an older model from the late 90s or early 2000s, from before they got everything organized into their current lines. Or possibly a prototype or limited-edition of some kind.

If you're looking at used Schecters, and aren't sure exactly what it is you're getting, you can find all of the info on Schecter's website. They have all the info on all their guitars up there, plus if you click the "Vault" link at the top of the page, you can download PDFs of all their old catalogs 2000-2013, which have all the info on the out-of-date models. Just check the serial number to find out which year it is. First 2 numeric digits are the year. Some models have serial numbers that start with a letter. Just ignore the letter and look at the numbers if that's the case.\

www.schecterguitars.com

From the pics on the E-Bay link he posted, it's a Hellraiser made in Korea 2008 (identified by truss cover and serial#).
Just buy the brand new Charvel Soloist for the Stupid Deal of the Day today at $350
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I got my Hellraiser C1-FR with hard case for $350 so $300 seems reasonable.

Quote by MatrixClaw
Just buy the brand new Charvel Soloist for the Stupid Deal of the Day today at $350

Or this...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin