So I have finally added a 3rd to my Ibanez family! Found it on my local gear exchange. Behold, my new AS73 (or at least crappy iPod pics of it).

And the family photo, with the '94 Iceman IC300 an the '08 RG7321:

Can someone say brand loyalty? lol

Plays like a dream. Finish is flawless (save for a scratch or two on the back). Took her home, set her up with Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms. Already came with a pretty low action, which is a plus for me. Now I can channel my inner Warren Haynes.

Specifically she's an '03 MIC Ibanez AS73. Not Japan or even Korean. Chinese. But you'd never know it unless you looked at the tag. I am in love with this thing. Plays like a $3000 Gibson, cost me $175 used. Only flaw is that the neck tone pot is broken (it just goes in circles) but that should be an easy enough fix for me.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by OliveG
Easy fix indeed. HNGD! Enjoy! How does it sound??

Only got to play it a little while through an amp, but so for it sounds brilliant. Nice and fat but not too bassy.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
HNGD! This isn't helping my GAS for an ES style guitar
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
Doesn't help mine either. But I'll be strong. And I got a tone zone S coming for my strat in a few days so that should hold me for a (little) while... enjoy!
Cool. HNGD.

The bassist in my old band had one of these which I'd use occasionally live. Held it's own against my SG.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by OliveG
Easy fix indeed. HNGD! Enjoy! How does it sound??

Really? I always wondered how you get to the insides of a hollow-body.
Care to shed some light on why this wouldn't be a PITA?

Happy NGD btw! Ibanez Hollow-Bodies are sooo awesome (the smell!)
Lovely! HNGD!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Yeah, wouldn't mind an axe like that. HNGD!
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by godzillarissa
Really? I always wondered how you get to the insides of a hollow-body.
Care to shed some light on why this wouldn't be a PITA?

Happy NGD btw! Ibanez Hollow-Bodies are sooo awesome (the smell!)

You have to get at everything trough the F Hole. Hopefully, since it's just the tone pot, it will only be attached to the volume pot and I'll be able to just take that out instead of the whole wiring harness.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Congrats! HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
What a sexy beast!

HNHBD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
What a sexy beast!

HNHBD

It's even sexier in person. Just realizing my iPod camera didn't get any of the nice grain. It looks exactly like this: http://www.schoolmusic.co.kr/shop/ibanez/as73t/8610.jpg
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I'd hate to be the guy stringing that guitar.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Quote by TheStig1214
It's even sexier in person. Just realizing my iPod camera didn't get any of the nice grain. It looks exactly like this: http://www.schoolmusic.co.kr/shop/ibanez/as73t/8610.jpg

Ouff!

if it looks like that then you got a nice top on that guitar my friend.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
HNGD, Bro!

I've had one of these for 8 years now and I absolutely love the neck pickup in it (the bridge always sounded a little too thin and trebbly for my tastes).
Sweet looking indeed. Was it only $175 because a pot is borked? Or is it the going rate? Makes me rethink an epi es-335. Maybe this plus a pickup swap would be a better route to semi hollow heaven...
Quote by OliveG
Sweet looking indeed. Was it only $175 because a pot is borked? Or is it the going rate? Makes me rethink an epi es-335. Maybe this plus a pickup swap would be a better route to semi hollow heaven...

$175 to $200 is the going rate. The seller and I had agreed on $175 before I checked it out. When I pointed it out he payed for the pot (we met at the music store he worked at). I can swap it easy.

I plan on putting a set of chrome Lace Alumitone Humbuckers in it eventually. Need to finish my other project first.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Hngd!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
So, to anyone ever working on these guitars.

500K long shaft miniature pots. Not your standard 500K pot.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
So, to anyone ever working on these guitars.

500K long shaft miniature pots. Not your standard 500K pot.

HNGD! I got by just fine with short shaft, full size pots (two of them push-pulls to boot) on mine, but it didn't have any electronics when I got it, so I rewired from scratch. Well, I said "just fine", but it took me 3 tries to get it right!

Did you have some problem or is that just what they had in it before?
Quote by Preacher403
HNGD! I got by just fine with short shaft, full size pots (two of them push-pulls to boot) on mine, but it didn't have any electronics when I got it, so I rewired from scratch. Well, I said "just fine", but it took me 3 tries to get it right!

Did you have some problem or is that just what they had in it before?

I bought a regular 500K pot but it required a bigger hole that I wasn't prepared to drill. Plus it just barely fit through the f hole.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
I bought a regular 500K pot but it required a bigger hole that I wasn't prepared to drill. Plus it just barely fit through the f hole.

Ah, you got a non-metric pot (CTS style), so not so much long/short shaft as shaft size. And yeah, they do just barely fit...but they fit

I'd forgotten about the hole sizes, I bought a cheap reamer from Harbor Freight, had my neighbor chop the end off so it wouldn't hit the bottom of the guitar, and reamed the holes out larger so I could use CTS pots.
Strangely this looks like my 1982 Ibanez AM 50 with the horns slightly more pointed. The AM 50 is in my Top 3 for best guitars I have ever owned and in 1982 it cost $475.00 (still have the price tag in the case). Oh yes, it came with the case (that is now falling apart. If I am doing a gig somewhere I haven't played before and am not sure exactly what kind music we may be playing, this is my go to guitar. Covers a lot styles from rock to jazz.
Attachments:
ibanez am 50 2.jpg
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Sep 18, 2014,