Poll: what is your favourite type of lettuce?
Poll Options
View poll results: what is your favourite type of lettuce?
looseleaf
2 5%
iceberg
19 48%
romaine
21 53%
arugula
4 10%
lamb's lettuce
1 3%
curly/frizee
2 5%
boston style
2 5%
purple stuff
4 10%
obscure lettuce type not covered by the other options because i'm an organic food nerd
7 18%
Voters: 40.
Page 1 of 2
hello and welcome to another hastily-made late night food thread.

in this thread we will discuss lettuce. lettuce is a leafy vegetable and is a good source of vitamin a and potassium. vitamin a and potassium are good things to put inside of you in recommended doses. here are two discussion topics to "get the ball rolling" if you know what i mean:

-what is your favourite type of lettuce?

-what is your favourite dish feat. lettuce?

poll incoming :lettuce:

Last edited by MinterMan22 at Sep 16, 2014,
Quote by slapsymcdougal
The main consumers of lettuce in my house are my guinea pigs. They like round lettuce best.

My guinea pig is probably the main consumer here too.

But I like having a salad for lunch a couple times a week.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by caeser1156
My guinea pig is probably the main consumer here too.

But I like having a salad for lunch a couple times a week.

I think they heard someone mention lettuce.
you do not have butter lettuce mentioned, which is a shame because it is quite good.

I am a huge fan of rocket/arugala though.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by slapsymcdougal
*Guinea pig*

I wasn't expecting your "guinea pigs" to be actual guinea pigs.

OT:
I voted lamb's lettuce and arugula because I had those last night.
theres a general thread for this shit.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
K I'm giving a run down by each type here we go

looseleaf: probably the most common salad base, which is a shame, cause this is also the most boring lettuce
iceberg: probably the best sandwich lettuce. It's crunchy texture is pretty great, has a sweetish flavour and honestly somehow is always cold.
romaine: romaine hearts are second to none. Romaine is also a very good sandwich lettuce, as the middles of the leaves tend to be crunchy. Is also very leafy though, which makes it good for salads also. A very versatile lettuce.
arugula: also known as rocket. Has a bitter flavour, especially when eaten in abundance. People who don't like this lettuce are also probably people that don't know that you're not supposed to cook a steak longer than medium rare.
lamb's lettuce: Looks familiar, but also looks like a billion other small-leaf lettuces (like cress). Not sure if I've had it before.
curly/frizee: I like this stuff. Pretty bitter, super good texture for salads.
boston style: So I guess this is the butter leaf I was talking about. Really nice. Sweet flavour, melt-in-your-mouth texture. A good compliment to a salad, and can even be the base of the salad
purple stuff: yum. Probably not ideal to fill a salad with this, but it adds a nice bitterness if you're already not using rocket or curly. The bonus of this over the others is that it has a larger leaf.

there you go. Romaine (particularly the heart), rocket, and Boston style are probably my three favourites.
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
K I'm giving a run down by each type here we go

looseleaf: probably the most common salad base, which is a shame, cause this is also the most boring lettuce
iceberg: probably the best sandwich lettuce. It's crunchy texture is pretty great, has a sweetish flavour and honestly somehow is always cold.
romaine: romaine hearts are second to none. Romaine is also a very good sandwich lettuce, as the middles of the leaves tend to be crunchy. Is also very leafy though, which makes it good for salads also. A very versatile lettuce.
arugula: also known as rocket. Has a bitter flavour, especially when eaten in abundance. People who don't like this lettuce are also probably people that don't know that you're not supposed to cook a steak longer than medium rare.
lamb's lettuce: Looks familiar, but also looks like a billion other small-leaf lettuces (like cress). Not sure if I've had it before.
curly/frizee: I like this stuff. Pretty bitter, super good texture for salads.
boston style: So I guess this is the butter leaf I was talking about. Really nice. Sweet flavour, melt-in-your-mouth texture. A good compliment to a salad, and can even be the base of the salad
purple stuff: yum. Probably not ideal to fill a salad with this, but it adds a nice bitterness if you're already not using rocket or curly. The bonus of this over the others is that it has a larger leaf.

there you go. Romaine (particularly the heart), rocket, and Boston style are probably my three favourites.

you're doing minterman22 better than minterman22

:^0

Quote by MinterMan22
you're doing minterman22 better than minterman22

:^0

I'm only doing my duty

or is it doodie?
it's all coming back

Quote by amsterdamankl
thy mother

I guess I walked right into that one...
The joke I mean, not my mother.
Quote by Baby Joel
I'm only doing my duty

or is it doodie?

consider this my retirement

the franchise is in good shape

I like most except lambs.

that shit needs to **** off. it's the in thing to dump it in every salad bag and bowl right now and I am fed up of picking those clumpy little shits out of my salad.

It's worse than the rocket barrage a few years back.

also how great is lettuce in a sandwich with a bit of butter and maybe a fried egg or bit of ham. it's on the same simply pleasant level as cucumber and butter sandwiches.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Romaine, we call it cos lettuce, don't ask me why, it's what wecall it in Australia
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
Romaine, we call it cos lettuce, don't ask me why, it's what wecall it in Australia

Why would you do such a thing? That's just sick!
iceberg is my jam. romaine is ok too (i dont eat a lot of lettuce-y salads so thats why). i dont like the weird pseudo fancy lettuce, tends to have the texture of wet paper. lettuce brings the crunch and freshness, arugula brings sadness.
got a salad box for lunch. has some quiche and coleslaw and potato salad and lettuce, looking good

now eating it, half the lettuce is random cool ones, the rest is lambs lettuce hidden in it all.

stupid nasty cheap filler ass lettuce, ugh.

forced myself to eat all the lambs first so I could use everything else to flush the flavour down afterwards.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I'm not a big fan of lettuce tbh because it gets stuck in your teeth

But the only thing better than food is more food
cat
i feel yr suffering. i am going to have a bbq'd burger for lunch with mustard, relish, cheddar cheese, red onion, 2 pickles and some freshly purchased iceberg lettuce*. The lettuce is a star man.

*i have to go to the store and buy it first
Lettuce count the ways I love lettuce

But really I do enjoy me some iceberg lettuce, makes a burger or sandwich 10x more classy and crunchy
basic burger for me is bread, meat and lettuce.

If those basics are there, I can forgive missing onions, sauces, pickles, tomatoes, etc.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I only like lettuce as salad. I don't like it on a sandwich or a hamburger.
Last edited by songbird64 at Sep 16, 2014,
Page 1 of 2