Quote by C.F. Martin and Co.

To celebrate the unprecedented industry milestone of their 1,000,000th guitar, C.F. Martin & Co. has created a spectacular commemorative edition instrument. The D-100 Deluxe combines rare tonewoods and elaborate inlays in a breathtaking example of the guitar builder’s art. Quite simply, this masterpiece guitar is one of the most beautiful models that Martin has ever offered.

You could do the research for it, but the short answer is: it's commemorative and built with extra care and special parts. There are things like this for every market, whether or not you think it's worth it is up to you.
I guess everyone can have an opinion on what "more special" means, but as far as why this costs so much is because it has top of the line everything and then some.

Solid Brazilian Rosewood (very rare and expensive) sides and back, ridiculous (in a good way) pearl inlays everywhere, handmade gold tuners, fossilized ivory nut, bridge, and end pins with tourmaline and 14K gold. Plus, this is a commemorative guitar, so there's a limited number.

As far as why someone would pay 115k for it...because they like nice guitars and because they can. Same reason someone would drop a quarter million on a Rolls Royce. Personally, if I had six figures to drop on a guitar, I'd go for a vintage instrument instead of something like this.
Some people have too much money, and also they might view it as an investment. if it goes up in value and you have a spare 100k lying around it might make sense.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by DuaneAllmanBrah
Solid Brazilian Rosewood (very rare and expensive)

In addition, I'm fairly certain it's now illegal to chop. Only what a manufacturer has left in its inventory can be used.
Quote by chrismendiola
In addition, I'm fairly certain it's now illegal to chop. Only what a manufacturer has left in its inventory can be used.

And there are major problems crossing international borders with anything made of braz, due to CITES treaties, same with ivory. Not useful for a travelling musician.

I think it is as fugly as s**t, but guitar prices aren't so bad when you consider the price of plain vanilla pro-quality concert instruments. Bassoons are expensive, they go a for about $200 thousand.
Quote by Tony Done
...[ ]....I think it is as fugly as s**t, but guitar prices aren't so bad when you consider the price of plain vanilla pro-quality concert instruments. Bassoons are expensive, they go a for about $200 thousand.
Wow! That's a ton of money for an instrument only the owner of which wants to listen to....

What effect do you think it has on this guitar's sound, making the back out of solid rosewood, then gluing enough crap on it, to make it practically as stiff as a manhole cover?