My daughter (Scarlett) is 7. She is taking lessons and slowly moving her way through learning the notes on the C Scale (open position).

The books she is learning out of (Guitar for the Small Fry) have an ok selection of songs to practice on but are fairly thin as she moves through the last few notes.

What I think she needs now is a few more songs that cover all of those C Scale notes. I've been searching for music like this but am having a hard time finding anything for beginners.

I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestions for a book or website that would provide easy songs that utilize all the notes of the C Scale.
GFTSF is a great series, I use it with my younger students, very easy to understand. Stick with it for learning purposes.

For repertoire, I suggest this book. It's also a method book based on music from the Beatles. The book is organized from easy to difficult and also very easy to understand. And let's face it, you can't go wrong with Beatles melodies, harmonies or lyrics.

Quote by Oldyote
My daughter (Scarlett) is 7. She is taking lessons and slowly moving her way through learning the notes on the C Scale (open position).

The books she is learning out of (Guitar for the Small Fry) have an ok selection of songs to practice on but are fairly thin as she moves through the last few notes.

What I think she needs now is a few more songs that cover all of those C Scale notes. I've been searching for music like this but am having a hard time finding anything for beginners.

I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestions for a book or website that would provide easy songs that utilize all the notes of the C Scale.

Have a look at Easy Pop Melodies for the guitar by Hal Leonard.

I have taught many little ones, using the Small Fry series, and it has some merits, but I think you'll find what you are looking for in those Pop Melodies books (There are two in that series)

Good luck!

Best,

Sean