I am buying my first guitar with no experience, and I want to make sure I am getting the best guitar for my money. Since I have no idea how to play, I won't be able to test them out so I'm hoping I can get some advice on what I should do.
Right now I've been looking on craigslist and there's a seagull s6, epiphone aj 200s, fender dg-10, Yamaha f310, and an ovation ae 48 all within my price range.
Which are the best and which are the worst? I am looking for something easy to learn on and fun to play.

Thanks!
Well i cant speak for any of the other guitars, but I had that ovation guitar. I liked it a lot. It had nice low string action, it was easy to use and comfortable, and electric/acoustic so i could plug it into an amp. I like it a lot.
Quote by mvestad
I am buying my first guitar with no experience, and I want to make sure I am getting the best guitar for my money. Since I have no idea how to play, I won't be able to test them out so I'm hoping I can get some advice on what I should do.
Right now I've been looking on craigslist and there's a seagull s6, epiphone aj 200s, fender dg-10, Yamaha f310, and an ovation ae 48 all within my price range.
Which are the best and which are the worst? I am looking for something easy to learn on and fun to play.

Thanks!

1) Yamaha, typically, makes the best acoustic guitars in the lower price ranges, from a setup and general quality point of view.

2) That being said - you absolutely need to make sure that :

a) the action is decent ( the strings are close enough to the fretboard that it makes playing easy) - a guitar with bad action is a piece of junk. Many guitars in the lower price ranges are plagued with shitty action - do not get one!

b) it stays in tune! This is absolutely crucial - many cheap acoustic guitars go out of tune constantly - if a guitar can't stay in tune, it's junk.

c) intonation ! This is as important as staying in tune - a guitar that isn't "in tune" on every fret and every string is effectively worthless and also junk. It actually annoys me to no end that stores even sell guitars that are plagued with bad intonation.

A guitar that meets the above three criteria is a guitar you can continue to use your entire life. A guitar that doesn't meet all three is useless and will endlessly frustrate you as you develop your ear as a musician, since everything you play will be out of tune.
I'm a beginner, I've been playing for about 6 months. After reading reviews on line I bought a Yamaha FG700MS and I haven't been disappointed. I live in England and paid £180.
Hi

I rally like Seagull guitars. Check out the slim neck version as its more comfortable for many players due to the more standard neck size. Many retailers will include cases and accessories. This is the one to take a look at. they sound great and lay extremely well. Just make sure any shop does a proper set up on it first.

http://www.projectmusic.net/seagull-s6-slim-acoustic-guitar-free-hard-case-6832-p.asp
Seagull S6 gets more love on here than any guitar under $500 I'd say. Yamaha's generally get the most praise for the best value guitars. I don't own any of the models you are looking at but I do own a Yamaha. It's the A1R and it is fantastic, but it's also a $700 guitar with electronics. All of the ones you are looking at seem like good guitars so it might be a good idea to look at what they retail for and go for the best value. It would also be a good idea to take an experienced player with you to check over the condition and playability of the guitar(s) before you buy, if possible. Nearly any guitar with nice(low) action is good to learn on but if you're looking for the best guitar on your list; it's probably the seagull. 1 thing I've learned in life, but still disregard LOL, is that it's cheaper in the long run to buy good quality initially so you don't have to upgrade later.