Hey,

what to add to single-channel clean fender amp to make it sound like a slightly overdriven marshall? Not even a crunch, just not so clean.

Im talking about external preamps/pedals.

Note that Im using fuzzes and distortion pedals, so they need to sound right together with this preamp thing.

Any advice?
Are we talking Deluxe Reverb or Frontman 25? Fender makes a lot of single-channel amps.

Zvex Box of Rock would be my first suggestion, but again it depends a lot on what the amp is.
Quote by Roc8995
Are we talking Deluxe Reverb or Frontman 25? Fender makes a lot of single-channel amps.

Zvex Box of Rock would be my first suggestion, but again it depends a lot on what the amp is.

Yup. Although if you don't need the boost section I'd go with a Distortron. More control of the low end with the 3 position sub switch.

Other MIAB pedals are the Catalinbread DLS, MI Crunch Box, the Xotic SL Drive, Fulltone OCD, the Zvex Distortron, Wampler Plexidrive, RambleFX Marvel Drive, Menatone King of the Brits... All probably solid choices.

But really, we need your budget, your gear etc... to give you better suggestions.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

But really, we need your budget, your gear etc... to give you better suggestions.

I need just jack of all trades thing. I play clubs and each has different amps, sometimes with no gain.

So I need something that make e.g. clean fender's sound a bit crunchy. That will be followed by boss ds1 and a fuzz face. So I need them to sound good together too.

The budget is 200$
really? there are TONs of "marshall sounding" overdrives.

but catalinbread makes the "amp in a box" pedals, dirty little secret is marshall. that would be a good bet. xotic BB preamp, xotic SL drive, JHS charlie brown, love pedal amp 11 or the purple plexi, fulltone plimsoul

_____

edit - jack of all trades? well jeez dude you just opened the flood gates. my recommendation would be to go on pro guitar shop and prymaxe vintage, filter by everything 200 or less, and start youtubing.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Last edited by ikey_ at Sep 18, 2014,
Look up AMT Legend Series 2 pedals.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
Quote by pashtett
Hey,

what to add to single-channel clean fender amp to make it sound like a slightly overdriven marshall? Not even a crunch, just not so clean.

Im talking about external preamps/pedals.

Note that Im using fuzzes and distortion pedals, so they need to sound right together with this preamp thing.

Go visit Wampler pedals dot com and look at the Pinnacle, and listen to the sound files and vids. http://www.wamplerpedals.com/aiab/pinnacle/

If that doesn't do it for you, check out the PlexiDrive and the Plextortion. You may be able to get rid of your fuzzes and distortion pedals, actually.
I'm partial to Cmat mods stuff. The brownie would be perfect. The Butah is an amazing low grit pedal.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
have myself a SIGNA drive. solid pedal. best ever? meh. ive been jonesin for a Xotic AC booster. also a fuzz. but the Signa is really a great pedal. i cant seem to let it go. upgraded screamer, boost, and a 3rd mode all in one.

its not the sexiest, or the highest quality, or the best at anything, but at 135 its a very solid versatile tool. it really is your swiss army overdrive.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
These guys seem to know what theyre talking about. Also take a look at the Guitarfetish pedals. The Brownie classic might be able to achieve some lower gain stuff, as well as some more mid gain stuff. Good luck
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

DLS. i had my hands on one in a CL deal, we were kind of going back and fourth adding gear and cash, etc. i turned his deal and he kept the DLS. i did really well, but to this day i have wanted a DSL.

if you are looking at MI audio, i have the Blues Pro, its not that much different than a TS, but it has a fuzz mode built in (not amazing but cool feature) i have had mine for years, i think mine is one of the first generation. a little more boss sd1 sounding than a TS, but i love it. its currently running with an OCD and Zendrive on my MIG (not MG, the sovtek). it gets me anything throughout different stacks of the OD's
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Thanks, guys.

Now choosing between love pedal amp 11 and English Muffin