I got a Q about Snapchat. This isn't about me. I got the app, I understand the concept, but I think it's total shite and I hate it.

I do however have a bit of a dispute between two parties concerning a boy sending inappropriate pictures of himself to a little girl. The police have seized the girl's phone for investigation. I know that the snapchapts disappear, but I'm wondering this: is there a way to get those pictures back? Cuz of evidence, obviously.

I remember during the whole NSA scandal people were saying Snapchats never truly disappear. Is this true? Are snapchats retrievable?
Snapchat is gr8 if you're not a creep.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
ITT: Phil send nudes to an underaged girl.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Philip_pepper
I got a Q about Snapchat. This isn't about me. I got the app, I understand the concept, but I think it's total shite and I hate it.

I do however have a bit of a dispute between two parties concerning a boy sending inappropriate pictures of himself to a little girl. The police have seized the girl's phone for investigation. I know that the snapchapts disappear, but I'm wondering this: is there a way to get those pictures back? Cuz of evidence, obviously.

I remember during the whole NSA scandal people were saying Snapchats never truly disappear. Is this true? Are snapchats retrievable?

This was totally you exposing yourself to kids, wasn't it?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
the data may still be retrievable if it was just deleted and not overwritten.

snapchat probably keeps things on their servers for a bit before it gets removed.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by metacarpi
This was totally you exposing yourself to kids, wasn't it?

No. This isn't about me. This boy already confessed that he did it to the mother, but having the photographic evidence would be better.

Quote by theguitarist
the data may still be retrievable if it was just deleted and not overwritten.

snapchat probably keeps things on their servers for a bit before it gets removed.

Is that retrievable then? Sounds complicated.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Sep 17, 2014,
Anything is retrievable mate, if needs be they can go over the hard drive on the device or Snapchats serves with an electron microscope to individually read the 0s an 1s.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anything is retrievable mate, if needs be they can go over the hard drive on the device or Snapchats serves with an electron microscope to individually read the 0s an 1s.

Not sure if serious.

Btw: awesome signature

EDIT: Just found out this kid has been wanking himself off in front of these girls in public. WTF people
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Sep 17, 2014,
Nah I'm serious, that's why people burn hard drives, destroy them with acid, smash them and stuff, even if you overwrite and reformat it the disk drives have tiny physical evidence of the binary data stored on it and they will have to examine manually.

Thank you #LoveTheHate

Sounds like Basildon ^

yeah.

only way to be sure is to overwrite the area the data is held a few times.

just run a data recovery program on your apparently empty recycle bin and you'll be surprised what is still lingering on your drive.

I doubt snapchat does anything like that but given the nature of the app, everything probably gets overwritten and lost quickly unless they purposefully let things sit on their servers for a while, which would be likely since govts/police want that.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
It's still retrievable if recent enough, yes.

Also a couple months ago my snapchats were saving to iCloud on their own even when I didn't screenshot them
cat
Quote by guitarxo

Also a couple months ago my snapchats were saving to iCloud on their own even when I didn't screenshot them

for real?

Man I'm so glad I never sent any dick pics.
Quote by Philip_pepper

No. This isn't about me. This boy already confessed that he did it to the mother, but having the photographic evidence would be better.

This doesn't prove it wasn't you, if anyone was going to talk to their mother about exposing themselves it'd be you.
Quote by BelowTheSun
This doesn't prove it wasn't you, if anyone was going to talk to their mother about exposing themselves it'd be you.

It's actually about my mom's tenants.
Quote by Philip_pepper
for real?

Man I'm so glad I never sent any dick pics.

Yeah I was wondering why I didn't have enough space to take new pics and then I went into my Snapchat album and everything I sent/received was saved there. Lucky I never sent any dick pics either.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
Yeah I was wondering why I didn't have enough space to take new pics and then I went into my Snapchat album and everything I sent/received was saved there. Lucky I never sent any dick pics either.

waaaaay!

By the way, anyone know at what age kids can be registered as a sex offender?
No they don't disappear. They sit on the server and go through some scanning and it either gets flagged or not and if it does someone looks at it and says yep not legal image see who it came from. That's probably even in the TOS cause who actually reads them.
Quote by guitarxo

If it did that without giving the typical warning to the sender that you saved it, I am extremely jealous.
snapchat is koo
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by archangels
If it did that without giving the typical warning to the sender that you saved it, I am extremely jealous.

Yeah no warning. There are apps for that though
cat
This is about as suspicious as that yahoo answers question a few years ago " Which type of woman is least likely to report a rape? Just wondering"
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
add me on snapchat

dannykdonuts
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

For a second I thought Philip was unbanned.
I'm pretty indifferent towards him personally, but I was disappointed.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
For a second I thought Philip was unbanned.
I'm pretty indifferent towards him personally, but I was disappointed.

i live to make your life disappointing
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

Quote by k.lainad
i live to make your life disappointing
Sorry to disappoint you, but you don't disappoint me. Mods not letting a wild Philip, devourke and killswitchknot run loose does.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Sorry to disappoint you, but you don't disappoint me. Mods not letting a wild Philip, devourke and killswitchknot run loose does.

the fact that i don't dissapoint you dissapoints me cause you're not dissapointed

dissapointed right up the azz m8 im happy philly is banned
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

I forgot about devourke. Damn.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.