I am in the final stages of a build and discovered that the neck is slightly off (right to left). I am going to start shimming the neck... my question is Will i have to re-drill new screw holes or should the shims be good enough? It is not off horribly, just slight. I am hoping that loosening the screws and shimming will fix the issue.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by Explorerbuilder
you might not need to shim. Just loosen the screws and turn the neck sideways while the strings are on. This will fix the problem 99% of the time.

I've also done that. I stick a piece of coarse abrasive paper to the bottom of the neck pocket to increase friction.
Quote by Explorerbuilder
you might not need to shim. Just loosen the screws and turn the neck sideways while the strings are on. This will fix the problem 99% of the time.

THANK YOU! i will try that first before making shims and all that fun. I will keep you posted as to if it works. Not really far out so this might be the fix.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.