So we all have those songs that we just can't stand playing on bass. So for a little fun and amusement, say that one of the Saints of Bassdom (pick your own, mine is St. Duck of Dunn), grant you the blessing of not having to ever play three songs again in your entire lifetime, what would they be?

Here are my three.

1. Freebird. Its a guitarist wankfest and boring as hell to play on bass.
2. Stars on the Water. Just shoot me please. This seems to be a favorite of middle aged guitar players who like country rock for some reason.
3. Brown Eyed Girl. Yes, it has a bass solo. But after you play this sucker in several cover bands the novelty wears off. Quickly.
Mustang Sally and Freebird. To me, Freebird is boring as all get-out on guitar as well.
1.Poisonblack-Never Enough:Boring song even more boring bassline to play.
2.Woods of Ypres-Lightening & Snow:I love the song but for some reason I cannot play this song.
3.My Dying Bride-Le Figlie Della Tempesta:It's ten minutes long, repetitive, and has slow tempo.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
New Born by Muse. Great song, great bassline all the way through, but ****kkkkk does it hurt your left hand after a few phrases. Pure dexterity.
My Hero by the Foo Fighters. If I wanted to rail on the open E string nonstop, I'd play NoFX covers.

Also, Baba O'Riley - BUT - only in a band where they won't let you play fills. Which is a band I was in. It was so boring it's not even funny. Still love the song, but I'd rather not ever play it again on bass.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Mayhem's Freezing Moon. We learned that with my band once to play at a Black Metal night (we're Black-Death ourselves). If Mayhem had just cut the song short at about 2 mins it'd be a fun thrashy song to play when you have some time left on your setlist. But noooo... the end is just E-F powerchords (on guitar) and single notes (on bass) over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over.. and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over...
Last edited by Eryth at Sep 17, 2014,
Quote by Sid McCall

Also, Baba O'Riley - BUT - only in a band where they won't let you play fills. Which is a band I was in. It was so boring it's not even funny. Still love the song, but I'd rather not ever play it again on bass.

why would a band that doesn't do bass fills even be thinking about covering the who?
White Wedding by Billy Idol, Life in the Fast Lane by The Eagles, and The Chain by Fleetwood Mac. They've all been done to death, and there is little or nothing in them for the bass. I threw in White Wedding because wedding bands without exception play it at the most inopportune time at every damned wedding reception since the thing came out.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Am I the only one that thinks Freebird is fun? None of my previous guitarists had the patience to learn it, but I thought it was a great bassline. Also, I would kill to play The Chain.

On topic, pretty much any Jason Aldean song and most of my last band's entire set. There was some room to add with the newer country songs, but damn, everything was boring.
For me - any song where the bass line is nothing more than quarter/eighth notes on the root of each chord. Boring....
My saint of bassdom, Sir John Paul of Jones, commands me to never lay down a line for the following three tracks:

Smells Like Teen Spirit - yeah, great song, but boring as f**k to play after a few times

I Got Five On It - once you have got five on it, it's rather dull

Smoke On The Water - do doo doo doo doo dooo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo doo do etc etc etc etc etc oh hold on don't forget to follow the vocal line now, before falling back asleep

Freebird can be fun to play, if your band allows you to stretch out on it a bit