Let you know my situation. I am a lead guitar player in a melodic Metalcore/metal band. I have been searching for a new Head. I really like the mesa rectifier sounds and cleans (I do use clean channel regularly) but I mostly use distortion channels. I am new to the whole pedal board and pedals. I come from a history of spider half stacks where all I used was a fbv shortboard with my custom tones preset on my A,B,C,D channel selects. I am wanting more from amp. I sold my spider head and am looking for a upgrade. I will list current amps I am considering:
Mesa Boogie Dual Recto
Mesa Boogie triple recto(yes I know it's wattage thing)
Line6 Spider valve hd100(and to add a note I still have the shortboard)
Mesa Roadster

Now before you say "6505+ or EVH 5153"
I have tried multiple 6505s whether it be plus or not and a few 5153s
I like the distortion (not near as much as the mesas, but the cleans are not something to brag about on these amps, I wasn't impressed)

Now to explain why I added the SV I playedon one for about 2 hours, it took me some time but I dialed in some tones I really liked both distorted and clean, but I will add it was a pain. But since I still have my FBV it sold be convient to just plug up and chip away at selecting presets.

The ony down side I see on the mesa heads is I will have to buy a couple pedals like the basics: wah, reverb, delay, and boost. Which is no big deal but then I'd have to research and play around with a few pedals to find what fits my needs.

Pretty much I just want to hear y'all's feed back. See if I'm looking at this the right way. I really am leaning on the mesa recto side, cause good lord do I like the tones I can get from that machine. And before I forget my budget is $1500. Thanks guys
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG652AHM
Ibanez Prestige RG1527
Ibanez RGT42
Schecter Hellraiser C7
83 Peavey Patriot Special

Amps:
EVH 5150iii 50watt head
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 MKii
Mesa 4x12 Cab
Albion GLS-412 Cabinet
Line 6 Spider Jam
if you like the recto get the recto

a tubescreamer or similar will be handy to tighten up/saturate its distortion channel
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you can get a Recto, get a Recto. If I remember right the more popular one is the Dual Rec, but I could be wrong. I'm assuming you're in the US? Take a look online at Guitar Centers used stuff. I see used Rectos online fairly often, and they seem to go for $1000 or $1100.

Also, if you're not too concerned about possibly getting it shipped, look at amps on Reverb dot com. Its almost like an ebay, but for musicians (mainly guitarists though).

For pedals, I would look into getting a Tubescreamer type overdrive like a Digitech Bad Monkey (for cheap) and a delay like a Boss DD-3, 6, or 7. I have both the Bad Monkey and DD-6, and use both with my Mesa Boogie Mark V, and both are quite good at what they do.

Happy gear hunting
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
i love recs. IMO the best in the lower priced range is the dual rec two channel. the three channel models don't sound as good IMO i had the luxury of having them both next to me at GC, both also were on the cabs after i had a guy move them around, the 2ch was just all around better, clear less fizzy, and was just better

i haven't played a Road King, but i would love to play one, but i don't have the funds to justify it. supposed they are a god send.

i have a tremoverb. i love it. its a two channel dual rec with tremolo, but the channels are voiced slightly different. i like it more than the standard rec.

i paid like $760 and its mint. also mine has the twin voicing for channels but i have a blues selection. however both of mine are on set dirty.

i recomend reverb.com as well. i don't have much faith in GC's used. i have had two different issues and thats it for me.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/