Page 1 of 2
Banks suck. Their greed, their bonuses. Down with tha banks
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
You're gonna hate me, but I think her voice sounds too generic.

I love it when vocalists, especially female have a unique voice. like gwen stefani or Dolores O'Riordan and even lorde
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I was all ready for an anti-capitalist rant...
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by The Judist
I was all ready for an anti-capitalist rant...
Fuck, me too.

The way this music is sold and commercialized tho still sucks.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Drowning is good. The rest of the album is snoozeville
My God, it's full of stars!
Listened to drowning and that was meh so I can conclude she is quite unremarkable
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by Dreadnought
Drowning is good. The rest of the album is snoozeville

Yeah, the other songs weren't as good.

I do like the idea of this style of pop music. Electronic-tinged pop music. But most of it is rather cookie cutter.
waiting game is fantastic
drowning is the most boring one but it's still gr9

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I do like the idea of this style of pop music. Electronic-tinged pop music. But most of it is rather cookie cutter.

absolute nonsense as usual
Quote by captainsnazz
absolute nonsense as usual

Hey, look...it's snazz. Telling me it's nonsense. Isn't he vague and condescending?
Quote by captainsnazz
"electronic-tinged pop music" and i'm vague?
not only did you create some poorly defined category which could encompass tons of things (as if "pop music" wasn't vague enough), but you then went on to slag it off. top sam.

Snazz, here's the thing. Most of us don't care about electronic music. My basic description was accurate. On this album, we have a pop singer who is singing over music with electronic elements. It is poorly defined; because I don't care enough about electronic music enough to define it properly. I would imagine most fans of pop music are the same.

Now, quit making a mountain out of a molehill.

Edit:
And before someone gets on me for metalheads being all about genres and subgenres and whatever, keep in mind I wouldn't expect a non-Metal fan to know what the various metal genres and subgenres are. Similarly, with me being a non-electronic fan, it's silly to get on me for not knowing all the electronic genres and subgenres.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 18, 2014,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Snazz, here's the thing. Most of us don't care about electronic music.

irrelevant and not even true
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
My basic description was accurate.

debatable but that isn't the issue
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
On this album, we have a pop singer who is singing over music with electronic elements.

near meaningless
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
It is poorly defined

yes
and then you went on to make a derogatory statement about your poorly defined group, which is the issue
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
;

lol
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
because I don't care enough about electronic music enough to define it properly.

can everybody who doesn't know what they're doing just stop saying 'electronic music'
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I would imagine most fans of pop music are the same.

meaningless again
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Now, quit making a mountain out of a molehill.

stop making molehills on my lawn
Quote by captainsnazz
drowning is the most boring one

this isn't even a real opinion
more people are interested in electronic music than the cringey prog metal bollocks you listen to
Quote by ErikLensherr

lol sam, you do the same thing but with metal which is less diverse and less people care

i love banks so much. goddess (the whole thing) has been my official morning jam for a couple weeks, it's pretty perfect for that in how warm and sleepy it is. change is still her best track tho. it's pretty heartbreaking actually
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
lol sam, you do the same thing but with metal which is less diverse and less people care

Bob, see my edit.

Quote by steve_muse
more people are interested in electronic music than the cringey prog metal bollocks you listen to

Source? Seriously, give me numbers, man. There's no way you can prove (or I can disprove) this statement.

This is why conversations like this are useless. One person gets "offended" over terminology, which most people really don't give a shit about. I'm beginning think all the alternative rock fans have got it right. They don't bother making subgenres; it's just all alternative. Same with the Indie rock guys.
Are you kidding? You don't need numbers. Electronic music features in charts much more than prog metal. Oh wait prog metal doesn't feature in any charts. Dubstep was a massive thing no one can ignore, Dream Theater are a thing only a select group of people listen to/are aware of
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by steve_muse
Are you kidding? You don't need numbers. Electronic music features in charts much more than prog metal. Oh wait prog metal doesn't feature in any charts. Dubstep was a massive thing no one can ignore, Dream Theater are a thing only a select group of people listen to/are aware of

Charts. Ah, so now charts indicate how many people listen to a thing, rather...you know, momentary popularity. Get out of here, man.

Bach was never in any charts, and yet millions have listened to Bach. Charts don't mean shit.
sam, electronic music is a lot more popular than metal. i don't care whatsoever but you're gonna have to trust us on this one
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
sam, electronic music is a lot more popular than metal. i don't care whatsoever but you're gonna have to trust us on this one

I'm not actually arguing that.

What I'm having an issue with is people (read: snazz) jumping me over the use of the term "electronic-tinged pop music", which is a basic descriptor of what this is.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Charts. Ah, so now charts indicate how many people listen to a thing, rather...you know, momentary popularity. Get out of here, man.

Bach was never in any charts, and yet millions have listened to Bach. Charts don't mean shit.

omg are you serious. This is too much #sam for me. Pop music is called pop for a reason Sam. Prog metal or any metal is popular with lots of people but not enough to enter into charts. How can you not get that correlation
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I'm not actually arguing that.

What I'm having an issue with is people (read: snazz) jumping me over the use of the term "electronic-tinged pop music", which is a basic descriptor of what this is.

You're right, it is, but at this point in the development of electronic music and its popularity, it's as useless as saying something is "instrument-tinged pop music" because there's a musical instrument involved somewhere.
Quote by Dreadnought
You're right, it is, but at this point in the development of electronic music and its popularity, it's as useless as saying something is "instrument-tinged pop music" because there's a musical instrument involved somewhere.

Ok, now this is fair.

Quote by steve_muse
omg are you serious. This is too much #sam for me. Pop music is called pop for a reason Sam. Prog metal or any metal is popular with lots of people but not enough to enter into charts. How can you not get that correlation

Huh, my bad. You enlightened me so much. /sarcasm

Obviously, we're talking at cross purposes here. And thanks for making this a painful conversation.
You are clinging to a delusional conviction that metal is more popular than electric music. I'm not even making judgements about what's better, but you're being stupid if you think the former is more popular
Quote by ErikLensherr

If Bach was alive today he would be playing prog metal
Quote by ErikLensherr

anyway back to better things than prog metal lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHnjON9M1kA
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by steve_muse
You are clinging to a delusional conviction that metal is more popular than electric music. I'm not even making judgements about what's better, but you're being stupid if you think the former is more popular

...I have no idea why you even are still on this.

Quote by whywefight
Sam's obviously just saying prog metal will last the ages like Bach

wwf, y us dis to me?

Anyway, more Banks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL9T42SVnN0
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

fucking hell most retarded post of the year

you must have had a butterless sandwich a day for your entire life to become this much of a dry lunch
Last edited by captainsnazz at Sep 18, 2014,
I have never heard of this before. Should I know this?
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Page 1 of 2