Hello

I've got a 6.5MM Guitar cable to USB and I'm recording the guitar via Audacity.

I records with clean tune, how can I add a distortion?

Thanks in advance.
Hi there Billy. How is the latency on your guitar? I would recommend using a audio interface for your guitar recordings as well as upgrading from audacity to a better DAW like reaper. You will need to be able to run a vst plugin through your DAW so reaper would be better for that.

Check out this video where I go through all the different distortions that you can get within software. I'm using waves GTR 3 solo in this video which is a good plugin but there are many plugins to choose from so do some research and choose your favorite.

http://youtu.be/Z9JvKKVdotg
Read the amp sims sticky.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Victorgeiger
Hi there Billy. How is the latency on your guitar? I would recommend using a audio interface for your guitar recordings as well as upgrading from audacity to a better DAW like reaper. You will need to be able to run a vst plugin through your DAW so reaper would be better for that.

Check out this video where I go through all the different distortions that you can get within software. I'm using waves GTR 3 solo in this video which is a good plugin but there are many plugins to choose from so do some research and choose your favorite.

http://youtu.be/Z9JvKKVdotg

Or, he could read the amp sims sticky, pick up several of the free amp sims and cab sims (which sound better than the software in that video, imho) and NOT have to pay out the ass for it.
Look up LePou, load as vst in Audacity, I think it has the option to be vst host. If not - you might need cheapie software like Tracktion, Reaper, Mixcraft. I think Studio one also has cut down version that might be free.