Here it is folks, my first cab. I decided due to various gigs with my band that had no or a poor backline organised it was time to take the plunge.

After some great recomendations from my old guitar teacher, and some subsequent research I decided to get myself a Zilla.

I present to you the Zilla 2x12 Fatboy with some customizations:
-Buffered slant
-Neutrik jack socket
-3 piece back
-removable casters (which from seeing it in the flesh I dont think I need)

Unfortunately I won't be able to play through it until tomorrow as my head is at uni in Birmingham

Images a spoilered as they've come up ****ing huge

will upload more photos with the rest of my gear when I move back to my uni house tomorrow
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Last edited by Shredx at Sep 18, 2014,
Looks sweet.

Always preferred the roadkill stuff myself, but I want a Zilla now!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Looks sweet.

Always preferred the roadkill stuff myself, but I want a Zilla now!

Gotta say Paul at Zilla was so helpful, had a good 30+ min chat about what would suit my needs etc (which were quite complicated) especially as I'm not that hot on cabs.

Very reasonable price as well
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
Gotta say Paul at Zilla was so helpful, had a good 30+ min chat about what would suit my needs etc (which were quite complicated) especially as I'm not that hot on cabs.

Very reasonable price as well

How much was it out of curiosity?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Think the standard fatboy 2x12 is £400 + delivery.
With the extras and some negotiating got it for £450ish
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
not bad at all!

HNCD!
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
What are the dimensions?
What is a "buffered slant?"
What speakers are in it?
Is it airtight with the three-panel back?
Why did you get the Neutrik locking panel jack?
Did you know there's a SpeakOn (positive connector) that will also take a 1/4" jack?
Will you be using it vertically or horizontally, or up on a stand/amp stand, or on top of another speaker?
What head will you be using it with?
How much does it weigh?
Nice! HNCD

Also, +3,1415 to dspellman's questions.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by dspellman
What are the dimensions?
What is a "buffered slant?"
What speakers are in it?
Is it airtight with the three-panel back?
Why did you get the Neutrik locking panel jack?
Did you know there's a SpeakOn (positive connector) that will also take a 1/4" jack?
Will you be using it vertically or horizontally, or up on a stand/amp stand, or on top of another speaker?
What head will you be using it with?
How much does it weigh?

Dimensions+ Weight: Size (cm): 760 x 470 x 360
Approximate weight unloaded/loaded (V30's): 18kg/28kg
(its an oversized 2x12 for sure, and it doesn't feel as heavy as 28kg)

Buffered slant: basically projects the sound upwards more (in the flesh the grill is like 25 degrees from being vertical. Which negates the need for an amp stand or putting it on its side. Although will decide more about this after gigging with it a few times.

Speakers: V30's. Just wanted something standard here, could mix a V30 with a Gh10 or something which is supposed to be nice but hey.

Back Panel: Yes I think so

Neutrick Jack: it basically locks the jack in, thus if wont come out if it gets knocked or through substantial vibrations.

I did not know about the SpeakON thing, have you got any more info about that?

Head: Currently have a Bugera 333xl but is essentially being used as a power amp as its being bypassed by a Line 6 PodHD500 for convinience.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Shredx
Dimensions+ Weight: Size (cm): 760 x 470 x 360
Approximate weight unloaded/loaded (V30's): 18kg/28kg
(its an oversized 2x12 for sure, and it doesn't feel as heavy as 28kg)

It will once you've hauled it up and down some stairs <G>. I've got an oversize/ported 2x12 Atomic Reactor that has a 50W 6L6 power amp built in. It's close to the size and weight of a 4x12.

Quote by Shredx
Buffered slant: basically projects the sound upwards more (in the flesh the grill is like 25 degrees from being vertical. Which negates the need for an amp stand or putting it on its side. Although will decide more about this after gigging with it a few times.

We've simply tilted 2x12s back in the past, but unfortunately that never really worked all that well for us. If the grill is slanted back inside the cabinet, that loses internal space, negating the size advantage, but retaining all of the weight. More importantly, we found that any 2x12 sitting on the ground tended to give us boomy bass, due to both acoustic coupling with the floor and (sometimes) mechanical coupling. Putting them up on something (I've used the airline cases and I've used one of those OnStage RS7000 stands, which has a natural tilt) fixed that. It's also a bit counterintuitive, but worth knowing that you get *wider* sound dispersion (side to side) with a vertical 2x12 than you do with a horizontal one. If you're miked that doesn't make a difference, but it might make it easier for your bandmates to hear you on stage.

Quote by Shredx
Speakers: V30's. Just wanted something standard here, could mix a V30 with a Gh10 or something which is supposed to be nice but hey.

V30's break in. I really like broken-in V30's better; they lose some harshness over time.

Quote by Shredx
Neutrick Jack: it basically locks the jack in, thus if wont come out if it gets knocked or through substantial vibrations.

That's a panel jack and I'm familiar with it -- I have several on guitars and on mixer consoles, etc. -- and haven't seen one on a speaker cabinet until now. Gibson put them on Standards a couple of years back and the traditionalists whined to no end. If you're using a wireless, it's outstanding.

Quote by Shredx
I did not know about the SpeakON thing, have you got any more info about that?

http://www.neutrik.com/en/speakon/ It's a positive locking bayonet design (won't allow the cable to come out). There are "combo" versions that will also allow you to use a standard 1/4" connector. Several reasons for using the SpeakOns (another Neutrik connector) --one is that it's become a standard for speaker cabinets in the Pro Audio industry. Two, it's NOT like other connectors (not an XLR, not a 1/4"), which means that whoever is doing setup doesn't accidentally put a guitar cable into your speakers/amps (you can easily melt a guitar cable, which has relatively tiny wire gauges), which can, at best, reduce the power that your speaker gets from the amp and at worst, can melt and short out (or leave an open no-load condition for) your tube amp output transformer. Three, it's designed for amplifier power levels (the Neutrik panel jacks are not, though they'll be fine with 100W), which can get to 1500W and more on Pro Audio gear.

Quote by Shredx
Head: Currently have a Bugera 333xl but is essentially being used as a power amp as its being bypassed by a Line 6 PodHD500 for convinience.

You're running the Pod into the FX return? I assume you've got cab sims turned off?

I'm running my Pod into fEARless F115s and directly into the PA mixer. Where the sound guys are good, I use the fEARless as floor monitors. Where they're not, I'll crank up the fEARless just as I would any amp.
^ Thanks for the info dude. Yeah I use a proper speaker cable not a regular guitar one - and I'm always the one to set my gear up so thats fine.

Re the tilt etc I'm miced 80% of the time id say, and as I said it'll just take some fiddling with to find the right way to place it

And yes Pod straight into the FX return with sims turned off
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Sorry for the bump but update. I should've gone for a stereo jack plate rather than mono (I didn't specify during the build). This isnt a big deal atm, but if I ever want to get another 2x12 to get a full stack, it will need some altering.

Also now I've got internet back, here is a pic of my current set up
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Nice Shecter!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
That's a Suhr

I also see a Vypyr hiding back there behind the rig of doom

But damn dude, you gotta fix your picture resolution issue

The guitar on the right is a Schecter tbf :P

haha yeah, bought it last year, and barely use it.

haha I know, it seems to do this when i load it straight from my phone...
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
Sorry for the bump but update. I should've gone for a stereo jack plate rather than mono (I didn't specify during the build). This isnt a big deal atm, but if I ever want to get another 2x12 to get a full stack, it will need some altering.

Also now I've got internet back, here is a pic of my current set up

FTFY

Nice!

Nice, rig, be careful not to burn the cab up

Just messin with you, bet it sounds nice, I used a 333 into a Krank 4x12 for a while and it sounded huge
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ i was more worried about burning the suhr!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
don't tempt me there's a guy who keeps posting killer clips from his on TGP, and thomann sells the infinium version for like £260 I think
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for resizing my pics to suitable levels Ippon haha.

and I have had 2 bugera's over the past 4 years and *touch wood* they have not spontaneously combusted which is good. And the suhr and shecter are usually in cases in a cupboard away from the cab, so dw about them getting burnt :P
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Ippon
Get it! What are the chances that it'll burn?

I don't have any room. If I did I'd probably have got that 6505 head which GAK is blowing out.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah i know

i've already tried that
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?