I could buy an esp ltd ce400at with whole lotta pickup set, but i would like to save up fr an ec-1000. The used 400 at would be 600 while the new ec1000 900 dollars. I play mostly memphis may fire.. Whic one woultyou choose, thanks for the help
Last edited by atesz182 at Sep 18, 2014,
Save for the the EC-1000.

The whole lotta pickups are pretty low output (8ish k) and if you wanna go down the metalcore route. the EMGs will be a whole lotta better for you. (sorry couldnt resist
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
The 1000 is a much better guitar, and the stock pickups are excellent. You can usually get them for less than 900 new, too, at least in the US. Used they're even cheaper.
Haha, that was a good one well im live in hungary, guitars are really expensive here, and importonge is a hell of a round. Taxes, charges.. I was on the emg side so thanks for help to make my decision.
I think thomann ship to hungary, so might be a cheaper option than getting it from the states
My Rig:
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
And what if i buy the 400at amd change the pickups to emg? It would be still 200$ cheaper. And i dont think the tuners and the bridge is worth it, or is it? I am completly trust on your amswers guys.
Yes but if you want to buy anything outside from hungary you have to pay tax.. Its 27% .. Pretty cool hah?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 18, 2014,
Its not just the pickups, tuners or bridge

The build quality will be better, it will feel nicer to play, the electronics will probably be better quality, etc etc.

Tuners and bridge will make a difference when it comes to tuning stability and intonation.

And over all, you will probably use the guitar for longer. Rather than getting a cheap one and then having to upgrade in a years time.
My Rig:
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Quote by atesz182
So true.

Btw this site is awesome, thanks!

The search engine is even better, you can put guitar questions in the search bar just like google.
I meant for reverb.com, but this site is also. I more prefer reading amswers for my questions.