I play guitar in a melodic hardcore band, similar to Counterparts, Hundredth, etc, and Im looking for some input on effects pedals. I know I want those crazy oscillation sounds that you can get with delay pedals, and I found a Behringer Vintage Delay for less than $30 new online. I also found a Behringer Digital Reverb/Delay for around $50, which would give me some reverb as well as delay. Any advice on what I should be getting? I really dont want to shell out serious cash right now either so keep that in mind.
Stay away from behringer. They arent worth touching.

Look into joyo or mooer for some cheap pedals.

You should be able to pick up a used Boss delay for pretty cheap as well.

Also if you could answer these then we will be able to help better
Budget?
Current gear?
Artists? (done)
Location?
New/Used?
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
I play in a melodic hardcore band. I use a Flashback X4 for my delay, recorded with usually a 5150 & a Mesa. Only other tool I use is rolling off the volume from time to time. Seriously worth investing in a decent quality delay. A tap tempo is really handy for live.

Here are some unmastered tracks I recorded recently featuring some delay (left track is HH Strat through 5150, and right is Tele through Mesa): https://soundcloud.com/matthew-ash-5
Quote by BigBumbis
I know I want those crazy oscillation sounds that you can get with delay pedals
Wut?

Examples would help.
Such as particular songs and such.

Then, going blindly, I second the joyo suggestion.
Best cheap pedals out there, and the D-Seed is pretty damn full featured for a relatively cheap delay.
Or you could get one of the smaller ones if you're even tighter on cash.

Don't really know about their reverb's nor smaller delay's, though I've had nothing but good experiences regarding their small pedals, so I'm guessing you'll definitely not get the best sound, but you'll get the best value.
Which isn't even a bad sound at all.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I use the Joyo D-seed and its a lot of pedal for the price...IMO best budget mined delay with tap tempo
Randall RM100(Recto/KH-2/XTC)
Peavey 5150 212
Peavey 6505+112(head)
Peavey VTM 120
Peavey Windsor
Crate GX-130C
Randall RG100ES
Randall RH300G3
Randall RX120RH
POD HD500
Quote by Spambot_2
Wut?

Examples would help.
Such as particular songs and such.

Then, going blindly, I second the joyo suggestion.
Best cheap pedals out there, and the D-Seed is pretty damn full featured for a relatively cheap delay.
Or you could get one of the smaller ones if you're even tighter on cash.

Don't really know about their reverb's nor smaller delay's, though I've had nothing but good experiences regarding their small pedals, so I'm guessing you'll definitely not get the best sound, but you'll get the best value.
Which isn't even a bad sound at all.

haha I was referring to the kind of effect like this. I'm guessing it's pretty easy to pull off with delay pedals. I'm checking out the joyo pedals right now, ive never heard of em. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqIURsVdikk
Yeah, turn everything up. The Joyo digital delay is cheap & will serve your needs for that. It actually sounds pretty good for the price too.
I had played in a melodic hardcore band to Counterparts. Behringer Digital Reverb/Delay for around $50 you can choose.
I know it isn't exactly cheap, but the Boss RE-20 will do everything you want, plus a helluva lot more. New, they're @$250, but used ones under $200 are common enough. Because they're made like tanks and are pretty commonly available, you may be able or find them even cheaper- I got a store demo for @$130. It hasn't given me a single issue in the 8+ years I've owned it.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 22, 2014,