Page 1 of 3
I haven't really checked much news about it yet, but a friend of mine who watches much television came up with every reason he could think of to talk shit about it.
A lot of shit.

TV news here though are hella biased, so I don't really know.

So while I read news about it, offer opinions about what should be done about the thing.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
All I know is that the Boko Haram should be getting just as much attention from the media and governments. But I guess It's easier to start a war and get oil from someplace where we've already been having one.
Last edited by Wormholes at Sep 18, 2014,
Ban Islam worldwide. That'll show them.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Somebody should kill them but it's hard to say who. If GI Joe was real...
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
The Russian ambassador was on The Kelly File last night and he pretty much echoed my point in the last ISIS thread we had. You support Al-Assad because he has been battling ISIS for the last 3 years. Tell Al-Assad, leave Israel alone and we will support you.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Has anyone actually seen the beheading video of the first British guy?

It looked faked as hell.

Humans look fake when they're dead
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Humans look fake when they're dead

No blood gushed out. Guy got his neck see-sawed about 7 times, no blood came out. And the background looked like CGI.
Quote by Philip_pepper
No blood gushed out. Guy got his neck see-sawed about 7 times, no blood came out. And the background looked like CGI.

Arteries clinch very hard when they're first severed. Coratids and Femorals can occlude themselves just by muscle contractions. They can only hold for an amount of a minute or so.

I haven't seen the video, though.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
^^ they may just have killed him before and then put up the show for publicity.

Also I didn't see the vid, but a couple friends of mine had nothing to say about its realism.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by JustRooster
Arteries clinch very hard when they're first severed. Coratids and Femorals can occlude themselves just by muscle contractions. They can only hold for an amount of a minute or so.

I haven't seen the video, though.

I've seen people getting their heads cut off (thanks reddit, that was a nice surprise) and it's completely different to what that ISIS shite was.

Quote by Spambot_2
^ they may just have killed him before and then put up the show for publicity.

Also I didn't see the vid, but a couple friends of mine had nothing to say about its realism.

He was standing up and you can't even be 100% it's the guy they claim it to be because he's far away enough that you can't make up facial features. Hair was shaved as well, or buzzed shortly.

I seriously thought it was a pisstake.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Sep 18, 2014,
Quote by Philip_pepper
He was standing up and you can't even be 100% it's the guy they claim it to be because he's far away enough that you can't make up facial features. Hair was shaved as well, or buzzed shortly.
Then again, they might have just put a bullet through his head or something to kill him, cleaned him up, and put up a show.

Either way, even if the thing was fake, it's a lot more for publicity than to kill a poor guy that was in the wrong place at the wrong time, so I don't much see the importance of making sure the thing was a fake or not.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Regarding ISIS supporters/members here in the states, Hang them in the streets and let the bodies dangle for a few days. The BS terror plans to harm us on our soil would stop. Regarding ISIS across the pond, bombing campaigns on our part may only do so much. The Iraq military has to initiate a full on ground and air assault. Again hang the POW in the streets for a few days and alot of the BS will stop. Im kinda old school when it comes to war. Fear works.
Jackson Pro King V
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by pantallica87
Regarding ISIS supporters/members here in the states, Hang them in the streets and let the bodies dangle for a few days. The BS terror plans to harm us on our soil would stop. Regarding ISIS across the pond, bombing campaigns on our part may only do so much. The Iraq military has to initiate a full on ground and air assault. Again hang the POW in the streets for a few days and alot of the BS will stop. Im kinda old school when it comes to war. Fear works.

Looks like it.
We should order them all a pizza

It's pretty tough to be angry when someone gives you a free pizza
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Here we go, kill ISIS then yet another group pops up.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Quote by NewDayHappy
Here we go, kill ISIS then yet another group pops up.

Yup. Maybe we should just give them their own little island out in the middle of the ocean so they can do whatever want there and won't be able to harm the rest of the world.
Probably lament that it was the fault of the West that lead to their uprising I guess
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Wormholes
Yup. Maybe we should just give them their own little island out in the middle of the ocean so they can do whatever want there and won't be able to harm the rest of the world.

Or we could leave one dictator per each country in the Middle East. If all power is centralized and they have one caliph in control then they will have a death grip on America.
We (as in, the US and its non-Middle Eastern allies) should arm and train the Kurds. The Kurds are doing well so far, and they can do even better with more support. The Iraqis are also doing well, but the Kurds aren't as well trained or well armed, so they need more support than the Iraqis.

We should also encourage the Middle Eastern members of the anti-ISIS coalition to pull their heads out of their asses (in other words, they need to stop thinking it's a Sunni vs. Shiite thing) and help destroy ISIS. If the Middle Eastern Muslim nations start putting down terrorist uprisings, then you will have a lot less terrorism in that region. Historically, while their governments never supported terrorism directly (openly, anyway), those nations have allowed private citizens and "guests" to support terrorism directly. The Middle Eastern Muslim nations should start policing their own region.
ISIS is pretty bad but it's the West's fault for meddling in affairs which aren't their again.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
ISIS is pretty bad but it's the West's fault for meddling in affairs which aren't their again.

Surely the Middle East can share some blame, seeing as how their governments frequently don't put down the Terror Groups on their own.

Yeah, why should they, when the US and UK will just do it? Well, let's all step back and tell them to do it. We'll support them, but they should be doing the main work. It's their region; they should fucking police it.
"We," as in the U.S., should keep our nose out of other country's business. But that won't happen. So, I don't know. Hopefully some other trigger happy U.N. country, or perhaps even the places where this threat is imminent, will take some responsibility and pull their own weight.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
That's bullshit and you know it. Western countries are certainly not without blame when it comes to meddling, but any of these acts of violence, "war" or "terrorism" or "insurgency" if you like, are the sole responsibility of the people and groups committing them. Don't be an ass.
Quote by seanlang01
That's bullshit and you know it. Western countries are certainly not without blame when it comes to meddling, but any of these acts of violence, "war" or "terrorism" or "insurgency" if you like, are the sole responsibility of the people and groups committing them. Don't be an ass.

Saddam and Assad were awful people but way less Western citizens were being captured and beheaded under them.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by seanlang01
...but any of these acts of violence, "war" or "terrorism" or "insurgency" if you like, are the sole responsibility of the people and groups committing them.

That's a very simplistic way of looking at international relations.
I think a good first step would be to get everyone to stop buying oil from them. We obviously can't just kill them all, so I think it would make more sense to just cut off their funds and make things as difficult for them as possible.

But tbh I have no ****ing idea how any of this stuff works. I just know that you can't fight groups like ISIS with weapons.

Quote by seanlang01

I wish this were true, but it just isn't.
Quote by seanlang01

Do you have any understand of the cultural, economic and political reasons behind things like this? It is the action of individuals sure, but you can't solely blame them for the creation of an environment. And it is partly Western government's fault for the creation of this kind of environment.

You cannot look at major world events like this in a vacuum.

We need to erase them from existence and memory, so that I can wear my Archer ISIS shirt in public again.
Quote by archangels
Less bombs, more skateboards.

I'm actually kind of shocked at how dumb some of these suggestions are. Killing more people only incites more of their relatives to join the cause.

Whereas allowing the Middle Eastern countries to clean up the environment* that creates these kind of radicals removes the environmental aspects of it.

*Environment, as in the kind of situation that makes parts of the Middle East a hotbed for terrorist; not as in trees, deserts, or whatever.
seanlang just got schooled in the UG College of International Relations

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 3