Hello all. I was hoping someone could help me out with this. I just bought a line 6 pod hd500 form sweetwater, so I have time to send it back to replace my digitech rp500

It seems pretty nice, but borders on needing a college degree just to work it ( I have two degrees, but it is still hard to work)

Anyway I figure the thing kicks tail when I use headphones. Has that high gain and all that. The problem is when I hook it up to my amp or amps. I am basically a bedroom player, but might jam with a band one day.

here is what I have amp wise. I have a orange tiny terror and a marshall valvestate ( solid state) mini stack. The mini stack is 10 watts and tiny terror is 20 watts. Neither has an fx loop so I plug the guitar into the unit and then plug unit into the amp.

without phones it seems there is no Balls to the gain? I can get a classis marshall type sound, but that I get that from the mesa and engl models. I figure they should not do that.

Any advice?

I am often putting distortions in front of the ampusally the tube screamer model or heavy metal model.

My computer in my studio ( kind of an office) is a desktop and has windows xp, which is not being updated by mirosoft anymore, so I figure that I had not been able to use the editor or tone library patches.

If anyone has patches I am pretty simple. George Lynch, Bruce Kulick, Ace Frehley, and Mick Mars are the basic sounds I go for.

I might have even gotten too much pedal for what I need. I am totally lost on the cabinet mike. I did not see how you can keep from doing that.

It also seems very bass heavy
I think your main problem is you have it on the wrong mode. Go to the Systems/IO menu, use the d pad to go over to output settings (page 4 I think) and set it to combo ot stack front. It changes the output EQ and level so it wont sound so bassy through an amp.

For what its worth, my favorite tones came from a Uber (Bomber) model through a Marshall (Brit) cab with a SM57 mic and a TS in front. You really only need the SM57 mic, everything else sounds too shrill to me. Another good combo is a Treadplate or recto model into a mesa cab. Same mic and TS.

This was also very useful: http://www.foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Have you read the manual? Not trying to be a dick, it's just that seriously 90% of the time someone can't figure out how to work one of those multi-effect/amp model units, they never even attempted to read the manual, which has all the info you need.
Quote by the_bi99man
Have you read the manual? Not trying to be a dick, it's just that seriously 90% of the time someone can't figure out how to work one of those multi-effect/amp model units, they never even attempted to read the manual, which has all the info you need.

yeah

That confused me even more.

I am a plug and play kind of guy.
If you never used a multi fx before the POD can be pretty daunting. Did what I say help?
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
If you never used a multi fx before the POD can be pretty daunting. Did what I say help?

Thanks

Yes it did help. You would think a big company like line six would include that in the booklet. I have only used it with headphones so far, but tomorrow I will use an amp with headphones and then an amp with no phones on Wednesday when the boss ( aka wife) is at choir practice.

Thanks again.

Also that mic model is the best. I am liking the mesa model, but the bomber kicks tail as well.