I just got a jackson js32 with a floydrose yesterday but i didn't even get to play it yet
I tried to tune and i broke a string , i changed it but it's the same issue the space between the tuning key and the nut are really tight but the space between the nut and the bridge is loose
Any help ?
Thanks.
Quote by jpnyc
Did you unlock the locking nut before you tried tuning?

Yep and i stiol get the same problem
Tuning key - nut (tight)
Nut - bridge (loose)
don't tune it really fast just do it slowly and hold the tuning peg so that it can stretch the string out a little.
cross-tune it will go faster and be sure to block the trem if changing gauges. cross-tuning, 6-1-5-2-4-3 evens tension across the bridge, makes tuning faster.

read the floyd rose tutorial.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
If you have a Floyd Rose, WHY ARE YOU TUNING WITH THE TUNING KEY?

Use the fine tuners nears the bridge.

Also, review this, several times:
Floyd Rose Setup Guide

Thanks that helped (i just got it yesterday so ....)
All the strings are fine except the 1e when i use gstrings app it's e but it doesn't sound like it at all and my clip tuner recognizes it as 6e i think I'm an octave higher , right ?
High e should sound the same as 5th fret B string. If you're having trouble with the tuner use that note as reference.
Guitars:
EVH Wolfgang Special LH
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013
Ibanez EW20LASE-NT LH

Effects:
BOSS GT-100

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 410
Laney IRT Studio + 112 cab
I had a friend who bought a Floyd Rose guitar. He put the strings on, tightened down the locking nut and tried to tune. Broke the string every time. Remember that you do NOT tighten down the locking nut before you finish tuning your guitar. One more time. You do NOT tighten down the locking nut before you FINISH tuning your guitar. Once your guitar is in tune, THEN you tighten down the locking nut.

Before you do all that, however, back out the fine tuners. According to Floyd Rose, you're supposed to back them out to about mid way so that you have leeway in each direction, but I back them out around 2/3rds or 3/4s of the way. The strings may go sharp when you tighten down the locking nut (again, *after* you've got the guitar in tune the first time), but will almost never do that afterward.

While you're at it, check your locking nut for burrs that can cut the string.

Finally, make sure that you're tuning to the correct E and not an octave higher than it should be.

Once you've got everything tuned correctly, then tighten down the locking nut. You may find that the process of locking the nut has pulled a string or two sharp. That's when you use the fine tuning screws on the bridge itself.
bring it to a tech and have him/her show you how to tune your guitar.
Quote by reverb66
bring it to a tech and have him/her show you how to tune your guitar.

i would recommend a luthier. i trust them over a tech. either way ask to watch and explain. some times $20-$30 is worth it. especially if you are new to setting up guitars.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Assuming you're tuning it correctly, and the string is still breaking, you might have a sharp spot on the nut, or locking piece, that's cutting the string. I wouldn't be surprised. Jackson's quality control on those cheap models isn't exactly first-rate. And if you bought it online or from a guitar center, they probably gave it to your right out of the shipping box, without even inspecting it or setting it up.