Hey guys, looking for some advice - experiences!

Budget? - Practical would be €300 - 400, could go up to 800-900

Genres? - Jazz, blues, up to (mostly) hard rock (as in nostalgic foo fighters/metallica sounds)

New or Used? - Doesn't really matter, allthough the second hand market isn't that big over here (Belgium)

Home or Gig? - Mostly home with the occassional jam (with drummer)

Closest City? - It's Belgium, every city is close!

Current Gear? - Tele Thinline, Epi LP, Epi Dot (and a line6 SpiderII 212 :'()
Previous amp was a TSL100 with 1960A cab (to loud)

I mostly quit playing after selling the TSL because I missed the tube sounds, but I probably can't compare current SS amps with the spiderII I'm playing on now. So even though my heart is saying gogo tube, I'm open to SS suggestions!

Thanks for sharing your experiences
Im thinking either a Jet city 22 or peavey classic 30

Jet City's can be picked up on thomann for pretty cheap
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
50w high gain jet city would be definitely better for jazz imo.
So that.

Then, maybe, considering you liked the marshall sound, a used DSL401 maybe.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I'm liking the looks and youtube sound of that Jet City JCA50H, to bad I can't test it anywhere :s

What cab would you guys suggest for that?
For your budget i would go with the Harley benton 2x12 vintage. Its got 2 V30s in it.

Make sure you get the vintage one though the other is shit
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Either the high gain combo, or a harley benton G212 vintage if you're on the cheap or a custom cab with creamback's or creamback copies if you're not - zilla is good.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
how much jazz, blues and hard rock do you play? the jet city is crazy good value but if you play 90% jazz and blues I'm not sure it's the right choice.

the 2x12 combo is supposedly a lot lower in gain but I haven't tried it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Belgian market is really nice though, don't underestimate it. For what it's worth, I know a guy selling a Peavey Classic 50 212 for 350 euros, but I'm not sure if it's not sold already. Would be a steal though and do everything you want nicely.

I'm going to throw out ENGL as well. Not what you'd typically go for if you're looking for jazz and blues, but they can do it and they have very nice cleans for it in my opinion.
Quote by I K0nijn I
The Belgian market is really nice though, don't underestimate it. For what it's worth, I know a guy selling a Peavey Classic 50 212 for 350 euros, but I'm not sure if it's not sold already. Would be a steal though and do everything you want nicely.

I'm going to throw out ENGL as well. Not what you'd typically go for if you're looking for jazz and blues, but they can do it and they have very nice cleans for it in my opinion.

With gearspot inactive, it's just hard to find it. If your friend still has the classic 50, I'd love to hear more! I'll pm you my contact info
Quote by Dave_Mc
how much jazz, blues and hard rock do you play? the jet city is crazy good value but if you play 90% jazz and blues I'm not sure it's the right choice.

the 2x12 combo is supposedly a lot lower in gain but I haven't tried it.

^^

I own the JCA50H, and while I really like its clean channel for what I play, it is defiantly not a pristine jazz clean. It would be great for everything else you've mentioned tho. I'm a blues player at heart, and I get a semi every-time I push the clean channel a little for some nice gritty blues

I've done some recordings with it. PM me if you're interested in hearing them!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Check out the Peavey ValveKing II 50. ValveKings are possibly the best jazz amps out there for the price (unless you're going for the SS thing), and it can do the other stuff you want to do as well.

As long as you're not trying to squeeze modern metal out of it, don't put yourself through that.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^ That's not fair. According to the valveking thread if you upgrade the tubes, speaker, cabinet, and amp, the valveking makes a decent metal amp
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?