Anyone try these? How do they compare with stock Gibson pickups; 498's, burstbuckers, 57's? I was checking them out on-line the other day and they aren't that expensive comparatively.
They are meant to be slightly hotter than a typical PAF humbucker; about on a par with the Burstbucker, I suppose. Slash has a real thing for 1950's spec Les Pauls, so his signature pickups are going to be in that vein.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
They're supposed to be a slightly hotter version of the Alnico Pro II which is kind of like the 57 Classic.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Just curious really. Strongly considering buying an agile or epi and know I'll probably want to change out the pickups. I know the epi pickups are notorious bad but haven't tried the agile anico V's.
Actually I thought I read the latest ones are pretty good (the epi pickups I mean).
I have the slash set in my Carvin CS6. They sound great to me. They sound good through my Mesa 5/25 Express.