I have been using GHS Fast fret for about 2 years now and I was wondering how much luck people have had with it and if there are any products that are better. I like the feel after I use it but I am not sure if it is really helping clean them or jamming dirt farther into the windings of the strings
Most of these products are just scented mineral oil. Fender Slick does the same thing as fast fret, costs less, the applicator covers all six strings at once, and the plastic is more durable.
I've used the fast fret forever. It works. Strings last a long time and never oxidize... Good stuff...
The other guitar player on my band has been using it for a couple of years and he likes it, but he has acidic sweat on his hands. I let him borrow a guitar of mine once, and the strings (which were brand-new) rusted overnight, so I guess he really needs to use that to clean his strings.

I simply wipe the strings with a dry cloth after playing and they last me months, but I don't sweat from my hands, at all.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I just swipe back and forth once the whole length of the neck, two strings at a time. Works very well, strings feel very nice...
It's just mineral oil. If you like that all over your strings and fingers, then go for it.
I usually try NOT to put stuff on my strings.
Quote by dspellman
It's just mineral oil. If you like that all over your strings and fingers, then go for it.

what about pics and your fingers?

But to answer TS, I have used the GHS for 9+ years. I don't use it all the time, but it is nice to have around because some climates can really make the neck/fretboard very sticky. And when in a gigging environment it is nice to have a quick fix. It also it helps condition the fretboard
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by dspellman

Well, you don't glob it 'all over', you put some, not much.

Even if you don't want to, you do put a little bit of sweat on your strings when you play. But I guess wiping it out is probably enough...