Well, sorta build. One day I was dicking around with the Halo Custom Shop tool and thinking of making a mahogany body for my RG7321, because I'm hating the basswood sound. I came up with this:

So I picked my luthier friend's brain about it. He pointed me in the right direction to get a blank. One ebay transaction later I got this, a one piece 14.5"x22"x1.75" quarter sawn Honduran Mahogany hunk of deliciousness:

Applied the template (with an addition to fit an RG7321 neck):

Transferred to the wood:

And cut the shape:

My friend is going to route the control cavities and pickup cavities and such while I cut a pickguard. I may not be scared of a jigsaw, but I am definitely scared of a handheld router. Rather have it done by a pro.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Last edited by TheStig1214 at Sep 21, 2014,
I would go for a non-pickguard for this one. I mean, I like pickguards on some guitars, but on this one, I think it'd look better without one. Otherwise, looks really promising and interesting.

I don't want to say it, but I will. Once you get the body done, you probably want to make a neck for it too It's just the way it goes, hunger grows.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Soccerguy
This looks probably pretty cool, good luck!
But uh, picture size mang.

Yeah, idk how to fix that....

EDIT: Nevermind, resized in imgur

Quote by Sakke
I would go for a non-pickguard for this one. I mean, I like pickguards on some guitars, but on this one, I think it'd look better without one. Otherwise, looks really promising and interesting.

I don't want to say it, but I will. Once you get the body done, you probably want to make a neck for it too It's just the way it goes, hunger grows.

I thought about no pickguard, but I thought then it would look too much like Jim Root's Jazzmaster. Plus it would make the routing job more expensive.

No money for a neck either, at least for now. I actually really like the RG7321 neck.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Last edited by TheStig1214 at Sep 21, 2014,