I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but...

I have a 1934-ish Gibson L-00 that has a number scratched on the back of the headstock, presumably as an anti-theft device. The number is

M-252-429-507-nnn

Does anyone know what kind of number this might be? I've no idea how old the number is, but by the amount of dirt, I would say it has been there a long time. I like to think it is Robert Johnson's social security number, but I don't suppose it is.
that's not a number that's letters and numbers mixed up. hope that helped.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
M-252-429-507-nnn

M stands for male

252-429-507 is his phone number

nnn = no no no

sorry looks like you got rejected by this guy don't worry plenty of more fish in the sea don't give up
22/m/this thread
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I can't call dem digits
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I googled the number and I got this same exact post posted in different forums going back to 2011.
Quote by Wormholes
I googled the number and I got this same exact post posted in different forums going back to 2011.

Hmm. Interesting...
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
Quote by Wormholes

I've asked at least once before, but I think that would have been on Usenet, not www fora. I haven't got a comprehensive answer yet. I have over 16 thousand posts on Usenet, so I tend to lose track of them.

EDIT I did a quick Google search, and all the references are indeed mine. Paranoia attack over.

Jocularity aside, has no-one any idea what kind of number this is? Given its age, it could be well-travelled, but I bought it from Gruhn's in Nashville 20-odd years ago. - The number might have a southern US connotation.
Last edited by Tony Done at Sep 21, 2014,