I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but...

I have a 1934-ish Gibson L-00 that has a number scratched on the back of the headstock, presumably as an anti-theft device. The number is

M-252-429-507-nnn

Does anyone know what kind of number this might be? I've no idea how old the number is, but by the amount of dirt, I would say it has been there a long time. I like to think it is Robert Johnson's social security number, but I don't suppose it is.
that's not a number that's letters and numbers mixed up. hope that helped.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
M-252-429-507-nnn

M stands for male

252-429-507 is his phone number

nnn = no no no

sorry looks like you got rejected by this guy don't worry plenty of more fish in the sea don't give up
22/m/this thread
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I can't call dem digits
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I googled the number and I got this same exact post posted in different forums going back to 2011.
Quote by Wormholes
I googled the number and I got this same exact post posted in different forums going back to 2011.

Hmm. Interesting...
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
Quote by Wormholes

I've asked at least once before, but I think that would have been on Usenet, not www fora. I haven't got a comprehensive answer yet. I have over 16 thousand posts on Usenet, so I tend to lose track of them.

EDIT I did a quick Google search, and all the references are indeed mine. Paranoia attack over.

Jocularity aside, has no-one any idea what kind of number this is? Given its age, it could be well-travelled, but I bought it from Gruhn's in Nashville 20-odd years ago. - The number might have a southern US connotation.
Last edited by Tony Done at Sep 21, 2014,