Hi I've been playing for about seven months now and have constantly been playing the same songs. I haven't been playing enough new material very often. Any recommendations?
Quote by Carlos Danger
Hi I've been playing for about seven months now and have constantly been playing the same songs. I haven't been playing enough new material very often. Any recommendations?
You're being silly. If you don't tell us what songs you play, how will we know not to recommend the same ones?
Last edited by Captaincranky at Sep 21, 2014,
Why don't you just learn songs that you like? That seems obvious enough.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Captaincranky
You're being silly. If you don't tell us what songs you play, how will we know not to recommend the same ones?

I've been playing wish you were here, purple haze, where is my mind, redemption song, knockin on heaven's door, breathe, money, fat old sun, zombie
I've been playing wish you were here, purple haze, where is my mind, redemption song, knockin on heaven's door, breathe, money, fat old sun, zombie

Wish you were here, purple haze...lol...

go to youtube, search for some of the groups you like. From what you listed, check for some of the other classic rock groups, like Clapton, 38 Special (Hold on Loosely comes to mind), Dire Straits (I learned Sultans of Swing on an acoustic), Led Zeppelin did some nice acoustic stuff but often in open tunings. Gallows Pole is an old favorite Zeppelin song in standard tuning, right now my band is playing a lot of Eagles and Doobie Brothers, Poco...

Dark Eyed Cajun Woman, Rockin Down the Highway, Another Park another Sunday, Ukiah, Captan and Me, Black Water ... all Doobies tunes

Peaceful Easy Feeling, Love Will Keep us Alive, Already Gone, Witchy Woman, Lyin Eyes .. all Eagles

Poco - Crazy Love, Magnolia, Rose of Cimmaron.

Then there's Crosby Stills and Nash - Helplessly Hoping, Just a Song (before I go), Our House, Southern Cross...

That's just the beginning of our songlist, we're in the process of adding Bryan Adams, Harry Chapin, more Doobies songs, I think another Eagles song or three, I can't think but there's more...Tom Petty is one of my old favorites, I think we'll be adding some of his too, and CCR/John Fogerty...

Look up who you like, listen to some of their songs and decide what you want to play.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by Carlos Danger
Well, you seem most fond of Pink Floyd. So, why not "Comfortably Numb" & "Time"? Those are 2 Floyd classics.
Quote by Carlos Danger

All good songs. Depending on how comfortable you are with those, I`d say have a look at some beginner fingerpicking songs to start getting to the next level.

Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
The Calling - Wherever You Will Go
Glen Hansard - Falling Slowly (from the film Once)
Get a free copy of my eBook at Guitar Domination

If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can happen through music.
Jimi Hendrix