Hello, can u guys share with me ur exp and advice abt heavy metal amp? My fav bands are Black Sabbath and Judas Priest. At first, I wanted to buy an SG standard 2014, but now I switch to a BC Rich NJ Deluxe Warlock cuz it has neck thru and whammy bar, but I'm a little confused abt amps. My max budget for amp is abt $1200. The thing is I live in Vietnam where there is no stores to buy and test instruments made in US or UK. I don't really like Chinese stuff, so my only choice is international ship. I need some potential names so that I can look up on Google, hear demo sound and make my decision. Thanks for ur help
Jet City is my first thought here.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ it's made in china... hard to beat for the money but if he doesn't want it it's his call

also what mains voltage is vietnam?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
220v
But doesn't the JC have a multi tap tranny?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
it might do actually, i've never checked
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hi, thanks for ur suggestion. I've never heard of Jet City here. We only know abt Marshall, Vox, Roland, Peavy, Black Star... I'll take a look at it. Is there anything else beside JC? I see Marshall and Peavy has a few $1500 amps. What do u think? Which country is JC made in? In VN, when u buy something made in China, even famous brands like Marshall or Fender, it can die in a very short time without any reason. I don't have much money, so if I have to save more for durable stuff made in Europe, it's worth it to do. Btw, I'm a she
Last edited by clio.thecat at Sep 22, 2014,
If you want European made check out Engl (Judas Priest) and Laney (Iommi).
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
For what you want the Jet City would be good, it's made in China but generally regarded as high quality. What Marshalls are available to you? For what you want there are some that would suit nicely. Is there a site you can link that would show us some of your options? Peaveys have some good amps but I don't think the 6505 would be the best for the sounds you want, it's a little more modern sounding.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
i think the jet city is considered to be very well-made considering how cheap it is. that being said, if you're willing to spend (a fair bit) more, you can probably get better, too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Why on earth would somebody buy a 6505+ for sabbath and priest. For starters they are awful amps they do ____-core and suck at everything else. Well below average cleans paired with a very mediocre gain channel make for a very shitty amp. I know exactly what your thinking right now, if I get a new set of tubes, speaker, eq, tubescreamer in noisegate its good. Wrong it still loses to its competition especially outside of metalcore. The total would come up to 1200 bucks and in reality it will still suck. I say get a marshall dsl and a sabara cadabra. The clean on a dsl should take the fuzz fine or go with a jca.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Hello again, according to what u guys suggested, JCA seems to be the best choice for me. I took a look at Laney and Engl, the good ones pretty much exceed my budget. I also listened to the demo sound of JCA50H, it's good, but I don't really like the Harley Benton G212. What abt JCA 48S+? http://www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_48s.htm
I think its sound is warmer than G212. To be honest, I'm really "off the boat" speaking of amps. I don't know what specifications should we care abt when looking for an amp, so I just find something that suits my budget. Oh... I also notice Marshall DSL 100H http://www.thomann.de/gb/marshall_dsl100h_2012.htm , it costs $900 on Musician's Friend, but have no idea if it's the right one for heavy metal, and if it is, which cabinet should go with it.

I've been playing classical guitar for a quite long time, and I've started to be obsessed with heavy metal since my teacher introduced me to the song "heaven and hell". U know... switching from only 1 wooden guitar to various electronic devices is really confusing. I'm still trying to learn and get used to it. Hopefully u guys won't feel "frustrated" with my questions. Thanks
That Marshall is actually made in Vietnam. Maybe there's a cheaper source, seeing as how that is where you are? They're not as good as the JCM2000 DSL100, which was made in the UK, but they're not horrible once you change the tubes.
I'd go for a JCA too though.

Don't know about those JCA cabs.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
That Marshall is actually made in Vietnam. Maybe there's a cheaper source, seeing as how that is where you are? They're not as good as the JCM2000 DSL100, which was made in the UK, but they're not horrible once you change the tubes.
I'd go for a JCA too though.

Don't know about those JCA cabs.

get the harley benton 2x12. much better value. IMO
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Ok, since I lay my trust on u guys, I'm gonna go with either JCA 50H or JCM2000 DSL100, and a Harley Benton G212. Thank you so much for all ur help. Best wishes
Quote by clio.thecat
Ok, since I lay my trust on u guys, I'm gonna go with either JCA 50H or JCM2000 DSL100, and a Harley Benton G212. Thank you so much for all ur help. Best wishes

Ace. The JCA 50 is a fine amp. The DSL's are good too but look for an older one. The newer ones aren't meant to be great. (I've not tested one though)
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
i haven't tried the 4x12 jet city cab, but the 2x12 jet city cab was less warm than the harley benton g212 vintage. (At least I think it was... I'm not sure I tried it head to head so maybe take that with a pinch of salt )

also vintage 30 speakers mellow up a fair bit when they break in.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?