How does this guitar compare in quality to the ec-1000, and schecter hellraiser?

I can grab one new for 720 euros. which is just slightly less than the other two.
The only thing an EC-1000 has in common with a DKMGT are 24 frets, a fixed bridge and active pickups. ALmost everything else about it is different, so the two aren't comparable at all.

But I'd rather have a DKMGT over an EC-1000 just because I like the neck of the Jackson more. And also it's MIJ. All 3 are really good guitars, its just a matter of personal taste. I personally don't like Schecters at all.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 21, 2014,
^ I looked on the jackson site, i figured they maybe just had a new version of the dkmgt. I guess not, so he's talking about the older MIJ version? Nice guitar, but 720 euros, even new, sounds quite expensive. Could be wrong.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah. It seems that because they're such good value guitars, some people are willing to pay more for them than when they were new.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
yeah. it's kind of like the danelectro v1 transparent overdrive (the timmy clone).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Schecter and LTD 1000-series are made in the same factory in South Korea, World Musical Instruments, where PRS SE and Chapman Guitars (that Youtube guy with the world's ugliest dreadlocks) also are made. (Source: Andertons Youtube Channel)

I have a PRS SE, Schecter Blackjack ATX V-1, and a Jackson RR5 made in the Chushin factory in Japan. They closed early 2012, current production is divided between Fender Mexico (all bolt on) and Indonesia or India, I believe.

I would say that the are probably no differences in actual build quality if we're talking about Japan or Mexico-Jackson here (haven't tried their newer out of Indonesia/India), they are all excellent, but my experience is that Schecter uses very high quality hardware and tuners (Tonepros bridge, Grover tuners etc) whereas Jackson uses "Jackson" tuners of unknown origin and so on.

I prefer the design and feel of Schecters. Jacksons have very thin and flat necks, often oil-finished and while I do own an ESP Eclipse 1, I don't play it much. Good guitar though.

720 euros seems about right new. The new Mexico Jacksons are around €780 (hardtail).
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.